Windlass War Sword
Hi all

My first post! I was wondering if anyone had any info on thIs War Sword made by Windlass. http://www.reliks.com/merchant.ihtml?pid=2427
Anything about handling,quality etc would be very much appreciated.

Cheers

Chris
From what I can tell it is basically a toned down version of their Sword of Ibelin from the Kingdom of Heaven collection. I own this one and can say that it's not bad for the price. I believe the licensing for the Kingdom of Heaven stuff has expired. I think the sword you are looking at would look much better with a different grip. You could also go for the Sword of Tiberias which I think has the same blade. That was my favorite out of all the Kingdom of Heaven swords.

Nathan

Attachment: 6.36 KB
tiberias.jpg

Cheers Nathan

Yes i though that it looked alot like the sword of Ibelin. The grip does look like it could become slippery if you weren't using gloves though so i'll watch out for that.
Judging from catalog specs, and actually HAVING the War Sword, I believe it is simply the blade from the sword of Ibelin, with the guard from the Tiberius.

The pommel screws on, doesnt pass through completely. It's less noodly than many older MRL longsword models I've handled. Still quite flexible, but not overly so. Enough that the point droops 1/2" when held out straight. I find this acceptable.

The balance isn't bad. Feels pretty good in the hand.

For the price, I like it. Easy to disassemble if you'd like to modify it. The handle, though nothing amazing, is actually rather comfortable even without gloves.

I certainly think it would be worth my time to make a proper scabbard for it. Alas, I just moved into a tiny little apartment, so I won't get to touch my good tools for a long time...
It definately seems like a good low costing sword. It sounds like it would be a good sword to start off with (It'll be my first one) so i'll put my order in soon!

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: