Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > Makers and Manufacturers Talk > AT1566 and others Reply to topic
This is a standard topic Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next 
Roy Robinson Stewart

Feedback score: None
PostPosted: Fri 02 Nov, 2007 12:56 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

It was really the close up photographs posted here which got me excited about Angus Trim swords , the pictures on the Atrim sites don't do the swords justice, although they are nicely laid out for comparison between models.
Also I notice that the site photos are taken with a wide angle lens so that some of the swords look a bit bent. The photos from proud owners of beloved Atrims seem to convey the beauty of the swords very nicely, I keep going back to those pictures to gloat over what's coming

Happy

Michael Barna

PostPosted: Mon 05 Nov, 2007 11:17 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Gus;

Can you comment [close guess is fine] on when the 1506s or 1404s might hit production or be shipped?

Guess what I ordered (Duh!)

Mike

Rest assured...I did indeed use the SEARCH function!
Angus Trim

Spotlight topics: 1

PostPosted: Mon 05 Nov, 2007 4:21 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Michael Barna wrote:
Gus;

Can you comment [close guess is fine] on when the 1506s or 1404s might hit production or be shipped?

Guess what I ordered (Duh!)

Mike

Hi Michael

The 1506s were the last to have any orders at all {I believe there's four now though}, so they're last on the agenda. The 1404s on the other hand....... the material is in heat treat being subannealed..........So, once what's on the machine now is ready for heat treat {1403s and 1566s}, then I should have this material back, and should run it { 6pieces of stock in all.....}

swords are fun
Chris Boatcallie

PostPosted: Tue 06 Nov, 2007 5:57 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Angus, did you get the email about changing the pommel to the mushroom for my 1403? I think I was mistaken about what an umbrella pommel was and think the (what appears to be stock) mushroom would probably look better with that hefty of a sword. I still want the brown grip though to add some variety to my collection. Thanks.
George Hill

PostPosted: Tue 06 Nov, 2007 8:02 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Chris Boatcallie wrote:
Angus, did you get the email about changing the pommel to the mushroom for my 1403? I think I was mistaken about what an umbrella pommel was and think the (what appears to be stock) mushroom would probably look better with that hefty of a sword. I still want the brown grip though to add some variety to my collection. Thanks.

We can ask for custom hiltword? If so, I'd like to sign up for a different crossguard from the standerd....?

(PS, Angus, you have a PM concerning adding a scabbard.)

To abandon your shield is the basest of crimes. - --Tacitus on Germania
Mike Capanelli

Reading list: 5 books

PostPosted: Tue 06 Nov, 2007 8:17 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Well I don't want to answer for the man himself but as far as I understood it this is just a standard model sale with no custom options available. I'd love to swap out the cross guard on my order but i think the intent was to keep it as simple as possible so as to keep it all in a working time frame and offer us, the customer, a substantial savings on things we'd by anyway.
George Hill

PostPosted: Tue 06 Nov, 2007 8:19 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Mike Capanelli wrote:
Well I don't want to answer for the man himself but as far as I understood it this is just a standard model sale with no custom options available. I'd love to swap out the cross guard on my order but i think the intent was to keep it as simple as possible so as to keep it all in a working time frame and offer us, the customer, a substantial savings on things we'd by anyway.

That was mine as well. But if I'm wrong, I'd like to know.

Jean Thibodeau

PostPosted: Tue 06 Nov, 2007 8:39 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

George Hill wrote:
Mike Capanelli wrote:

I was sort of thinking the same thing also that since it's a sale and the point is to be able to make them quickly too many custom features to keep track of would sort of defeat the purpose/objective.

Maybe Gus can accommodate minor things and maybe he has already agreed to some things but we shouldn't start a
" stampede " of custom requests. Wink

Oh, some extras like wanting a scabbard seems O.K. ( At least seemed like no problem for mine and was priced in for a few more dollars ). Colour of grip might be easy enough to do. Pommel swapping might be a problem as it might mean having to modify the tang and making different pommels ? But this would be up to Gus, but I'm already happy with getting my 1403 sooner than later and with a sales price: So I don't think it would be fair for me to ask for extras that would slow down production of not only my sword but might slow down the whole production run ? Worried Laughing Out Loud

You can easily give up your freedom. You have to fight hard to get it back!
Michael Barna

PostPosted: Tue 06 Nov, 2007 9:11 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Just to throw my [rushed] thoughts in here - for me these are high performance swords selected for cutting ability - my interest in grips, crosses and pommels is focused on fit in the hand and feel (or how it might feel based on how it looks in pictures). Thus my earlier comment about preferring scent stopper pommels to wheel pommels.

Though I am taking my 1404 with the standard disc (a scent stopper would look stupid on a XVIII) pommel, I suppose a Brazil nut pommel would be OK looking.

Mike

Rest assured...I did indeed use the SEARCH function!
Chris Boatcallie

PostPosted: Tue 06 Nov, 2007 10:51 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

No he is not offering customized options. I was one of the first to order and was mistaken about pommels offered by him. I believe the mushroom pommel is the standard pommel, hence no customization to my sword. All the pictures of the 1403 I have seen are the mushroom pommel, I am just trying to verify that fact. Anyone could help this question.....I just want to find out what "is" the standard pommel for the 1403 and also a refernce to what each of the different pommel names are. This is my first Angus Trim sword and I am not familiar with any of the names of the different types offered normally. All my blades are Albion, and I didn't need any knowledge of pommels since they come as they come.
Angus Trim

PostPosted: Thu 08 Nov, 2007 9:06 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Jean Thibodeau wrote:
George Hill wrote:
Mike Capanelli wrote:

Hi Jean

I'm going to hijack you're sub-thought on customizations and go back to something you raised earlier, since this thread is getting more attention than the others elsewhere......

Its about that "reboot"......

Yesterday, Eric had me pay attention to the incoming stuff on the inbox and bulk folders. Between the two, over 400 spam messages came in. Just yesterday....... So, there's no doubt in my mind that I'm losing "real" email, and consequently losing business. Checked the phone log {have caller id}, and there was 27 incoming calls in the last two days. Phone ringer's dead, and the message thingie has been dead for months.........

Only lucky and really dedicated individuals have been getting thru for the last few months. Though I'm guessing I'm still getting 95% to 97% of my email..........

Once the "sale" is complete, the machine contract buried, the communication stuff needs to be addressed. The phone stuff I don't have an answer for now, because working alone I wouldn't be able to deal with 27 callers anyways. I think what I'm going to do there is remove the phone number from the website. The unfortunate truth is, I can either talk on the phone, or get some work done........

The email solution will be another migration to another service altogether..........

CF and I also kind of touched on having him do retail again, but at this stage, that's just a thought.........

swords are fun
Phil D.

Reading list: 56 books

Feedback score: 100%
(2 total ▮ 100% positive)
PostPosted: Thu 08 Nov, 2007 6:27 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Along with all of these "sale" items is there a chance that some of the long standing prepaid backorders may be completed.
"A bottle of wine contains more philosophy than all the books in the world." -- Louis Pasteur

"A gentleman should never leave the house without a sharp knife, a good watch, and great hat."
Jean Thibodeau

PostPosted: Thu 08 Nov, 2007 7:08 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Guss;

To me that means that your workflow, when the reboot is done and the machinery paid for, can be " Killed/Blocked " at the source: People being able to order and the quality of back and forth communication is what keeps new work coming in.

So in order: I think you need to get the machinery paid off quickly and then get the communications back up and effective very soon after because in the mean time it doesn't mean just loosing " some " orders but also loosing potential repeat customers who will just come to the conclusion that getting an order in is just " impossible. Eek!

Now, you are in a bind that you can't get all of this done all at once so that is why it's important that not to many months go by before you are fully back up to speed.

All this is probably obvious to you and I'm just restating what you just said: The old " active listening thing " and it sometimes helps to have one's thoughts reflected back. Wink Big Grin Again, my intent is to be useful. Cool

Quote:
GUSS:

The phone stuff I don't have an answer for now, because working alone I wouldn't be able to deal with 27 callers anyways. I think what I'm going to do there is remove the phone number from the website. The unfortunate truth is, I can either talk on the phone, or get some work done........

So you may need to dedicate one day a week to just communications or have someone who can answer your phone all the time? One thing might be to write on your site the following as an example: Messages and e-mails are read and answered once a week on average so a reply may be delayed 7 to 10 days

The other very good plan is to have CF be the entry point to orders and you can communicate with the clients directly when needed to work out anything custom ?

You can easily give up your freedom. You have to fight hard to get it back!
Angus Trim

PostPosted: Thu 08 Nov, 2007 8:32 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Phil Dobarganes wrote:
Along with all of these "sale" items is there a chance that some of the long standing prepaid backorders may be completed.

Yeah..........actually, yours is about ready to go, with the right guard this time.........

swords are fun
Angus Trim

PostPosted: Thu 08 Nov, 2007 8:36 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Jean Thibodeau wrote:
Guss;

To me that means that your workflow, when the reboot is done and the machinery paid for, can be " Killed/Blocked " at the source: People being able to order and the quality of back and forth communication is what keeps new work coming in.

So in order: I think you need to get the machinery paid off quickly and then get the communications back up and effective very soon after because in the mean time it doesn't mean just loosing " some " orders but also loosing potential repeat customers who will just come to the conclusion that getting an order in is just " impossible. Eek!

Now, you are in a bind that you can't get all of this done all at once so that is why it's important that not to many months go by before you are fully back up to speed.

All this is probably obvious to you and I'm just restating what you just said: The old " active listening thing " and it sometimes helps to have one's thoughts reflected back. Wink Big Grin Again, my intent is to be useful. Cool

Quote:
GUSS:

The phone stuff I don't have an answer for now, because working alone I wouldn't be able to deal with 27 callers anyways. I think what I'm going to do there is remove the phone number from the website. The unfortunate truth is, I can either talk on the phone, or get some work done........

So you may need to dedicate one day a week to just communications or have someone who can answer your phone all the time? One thing might be to write on your site the following as an example: Messages and e-mails are read and answered once a week on average so a reply may be delayed 7 to 10 days

The other very good plan is to have CF be the entry point to orders and you can communicate with the clients directly when needed to work out anything custom ?

Yeah, in a nutshell that's it.........bury the machine payment, with the "time benefit" of not having to do the Navy work, get caught up on things fast, and get the communication thing fixed.

swords are fun
Roy Robinson Stewart

PostPosted: Thu 08 Nov, 2007 10:09 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Hi Angus,

PM sent regarding a request to add scabbards to my 1403 and 1506 order.

Happy
Angus Trim

PostPosted: Fri 09 Nov, 2007 10:04 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Roy Robinson Stewart wrote:
Hi Angus,

Happy

Thanks Roy............

swords are fun
George Hill

PostPosted: Fri 09 Nov, 2007 2:20 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Angus Trim wrote:
Hi Angus,

Happy

Thanks Roy............

Angus, I sent you a PM on adding a scabbard to my 1506 order, but it seems to still be sitting there unread, according to my outbox as myArmoury shows it. Can you see the PM?

Angus Trim

PostPosted: Fri 09 Nov, 2007 4:37 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

George Hill wrote:
Angus Trim wrote:
Hi Angus,

Happy

Thanks Roy............

Angus, I sent you a PM on adding a scabbard to my 1506 order, but it seems to still be sitting there unread, according to my outbox as myArmoury shows it. Can you see the PM?

Thanks George

Missed it before, but got it now........

swords are fun
Angus Trim

PostPosted: Sun 11 Nov, 2007 6:46 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Sale shutting down on Friday......

Today, its likely that the 1566s passed the 1403s. Right now, there are 7 1403s on order, 6 confirmed 1566s, two unconfirmed......

In heat treat right now, there are 2 1566s, and 2 1502s.

Material being annealed for this sale, 5 pieces for 1403s, 4 pieces for 1404s, 2 for 1557s.

Being machined for heat treat later this week, is 4 more 1566s, three 1403s, 1 more 1502............

Will be ordering material soon for the two 1520s and 3 1506s and any remaining 1566s........

Gus.

swords are fun

Forum Index > Makers and Manufacturers Talk > AT1566 and others
Page 5 of 6 Reply to topic
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next All times are GMT - 8 Hours

View previous topic :: View next topic
Jump to: