Imperial Russian Sabre, 1800
What do I have here is a Mameluke-style Imperial Russian sabre from the year 1800 with a curved single-edged watered Damascus steel blade with elaborate fullering comprising a multi-fullered panel at the forte and the false edge; etched on both sides of the blade near the cross guard with Cyrillic writing. Condition: The iron hilt is pitted, the Cyrillic writing is worn out, otherwise in good condition. Overall length: Approximately 90cm (35 1/2 in). Comes without scabbard.
All suggestions are welcome.

Attachment: 121.17 KB
Imperial Russian Sabre, 1800.jpg

What kind of suggestions are you looking for?
Do you mean comments welcome?

If so, I would say that is a fine looking weapon. One I would love to have.

Are all these weapons you have been posting recently ones you personally own or observed in museums? Or are these various pictures you are locating off the web and posting for our enjoyment/edification?
Imperial Russian Sabre, 1800
Actually I don't own these weapons, Terry. I grabbed them from other websites. If you have any comments or suggestions on these weapons just send them and don't be shy to do so. I would love to hear those.
As I think I've said before, these shamshir-like sabers aren't really a favorite of mine. There are two things I dislike to see in a sword and they are 1) very long blades on a single handers and 2) very strong curves. This type of sword tends to have both, alas.

That being said, this does seem to be a very fine specimen non the less. :)
Re: Imperial Russian Sabre, 1800
I see, Anders. I didn't know that you don't like swords modelled after scimitars like the one shown above. This is a fine specimen indeed.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: