Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > The Marketplace > For Sale: Glenn McClain Early Scottish DirkSOLD Reply to topic
This is a standard topic  
Chris Goerner

Feedback score: 100%
(1 total ▮ 100% positive)
PostPosted: Tue 13 May, 2008 7:53 am    Post subject: For Sale: Glenn McClain Early Scottish Dirk         Reply with quote

This listing is marked SOLD and is no longer available

I bought this dirk not too long ago from another forum member. Although I really hate to part with it, I have a few other opportunities that I want to pursue, and simply need the funds to do it.

The dirk was made by the noted artisan Glenn McClain and is based on one listed in Swords & Blades of the American Revolution. The single fullered blade is 10 1/4" long and 1 3/8' wide at the hilt with a 3 3/4" false edge. It bears both McClain's makers mark and a stamped fleur-de-lyse. The hilt is made of walnut and polished moose antler with pewter and horn insets. It is a gorgeous piece of craftsmanship! To top things off, the polished antler pommel cap is beutifully engraved with a flower and secured in place with a decoratively filed capstan. Overall length is 15 1/4".

The sheath is a work of art in itself: iron mounted with carved celtic designs in the leather body. The throat has a belt clip and it comes with a detachable belt frog.

All metal (blade and scabbard mountings) have been lightly antiqued by the maker. The only condition issue is a tiny chip of walnut missing from the bottom of one of the haunches where it meets the spine of the blade. It is not at all noticeable from either profile view of the dirk, and was too small to show up in any of the photos I took.

I am looking to get out of this piece only what I have in it: $670 includes shipping within the CONUS. PayPal payments please add 3% to cover my fees.

Chris

Sic Semper Tyranus
Chris Goerner

Feedback score: 100%
(1 total ▮ 100% positive)
PostPosted: Tue 13 May, 2008 6:02 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

This listing is marked SOLD and is no longer available

Sold pending payment.

Sic Semper Tyranus

Forum Index > The Marketplace > For Sale: Glenn McClain Early Scottish DirkSOLD
Page 1 of 1 Reply to topic