Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 73, 74, 75  Next

In on Tuesday, a Pattern 1827 Rifle Officer's Sword by Wilkinson, and ID'd to Lt.-Col. Dudley Strathearn Stewart of the Northumberland Fusiliers. This sword began life as a P1854 Infantry Officer's Sword and was re-hilted by Fenton Bros. as a P1827 in the 1890s or early 1900s. Stewart served on the North West Frontier, extensively in the Boer War, and commanded the 10th Battalion of the Northumberland Fusiliers in WWI.

And here is my collection of Victorian swords as of now...

My Latest Acquisitions...
Got these in just last Thurs...

[From Top]: Thai Darb with Hua Bua shaped blade, Godfred Viking, Chinese Dao, MRL Drac and Patton Sabre..
fresh this week two swords, An Albion Berserker and Theng. It was a very good week
Good things come to those who wait. After waiting ages I received it finally this week...:-)

My new sword:

completely hand forged and with an "aged", rough satin brushed finished

Blade length: 90 cm
Blade width: 4cm
Overall lenght: 117cm
Weight: 1800gr.

Smith: Albrecht Hummel (www.lonetalschmiede.de)

Attachment: 58.65 KB
200808_153.jpg

Attachment: 48.92 KB
200808_154.jpg

Attachment: 79.54 KB
200808_158.jpg

My latest sword
I just purchased this vintage Del Tin Irish sword from the Marketplace.

http://www.myArmoury.com/talk/viewtopic.php?t=13911[/img]
I know it is not a sword but I did pick up an A&A Iberian mace from the Bristol Ren Faire this past weekend. Talking about a serious piece of hardware. I have already named it "Mr. Smashy" for some reason. My wife agrees about the name even! :D
My last sword aquisition was a Albion Prince approximately in June.
[ Linked Image ]
http://www.dbkcustomswords.com/images/Albion/BKPrinceB1024.jpg
I'm new here and have recently purchase my first sword. It is from Arms & Armor. I bought it at the Bristol Ren Faire in Wisconsin. I've got to give those guys credit for taking a lot of time to help a total novice pick a sword.

About the sword. It is called the Crusader Sword. I was told it is a one-off project by one of their craftsmen. The blade is just less than 32 inches. The cross guard is 8 1/4 inches. The grip is just more than 4 inches.

Being a novice I'm probably not holding it correctly, but so far I really like the way is balances. Short cuts, thrusts, and the transitions between them seem easy and natural. Longer, more powerful slashes aren't working for me. The pommel digs painfully into my palm or wrist depending on how I'm holding it. This is almost certainly not the fault of the sword, but rather my lack of technique.
Just got my Albion Liechtenauer and looking forward to training with steel in addition to a wooden waster.

The grip is very " grippy " with the cord handle and I think I will like this and shouldn't be hard on the hands when wearing leather gloves. Oh, started using my Mercenary Taylor's Wisby Gauntlets and I find that after a few minutes they feel real comfortable and not restrictive and I don't notice the weight.
Bill, that sure is one sweet looking sword!
A year in the making.... my Odinblades Cleighmor arrived this week......
38.25 inch blade, 51.5 inches overall, 1870g, 1.625 in blade with fullered and etched ricasso for halfswording

Last edited by Thom R. on Sun 31 Aug, 2008 7:20 pm; edited 2 times in total
Just picked this up today from another forumite:

Streaks on the blade are renaissance wax.[/img]
Thom R. wrote:
A year in the making.... my Odinblades Cleighmor arrived this week......
38.25 inch blade, 51.5 inches overall, 1870g, 1.625 in blade with fullered and engraved ricasso for halfswording

Thom,

If you get the time, I'd love to see some detailed shots of the clam shell hilt.
last sword
Picked up a Brescia Spadona as my most recent purchase. A bit of a stretch for me though it was previously owned. (Had to sell two pistols and scrape up some additional cash from the stash fund :) ) Anyway, I finally gave in to the temptation to sharpen it. Used one of those diamond stones (the 'green' extra fine) and it took a razor edge very quickly (about 10 minutes) and now I REALLY love it. What I like about it: the thin long grip with styled riser, the wide guard, the sword's light weight, that quick nasty blade. The sword is so balanced, it seems like it has very little 'presence' in my hands- a refined and delicate feel. The relatively light weight has its pros (and cons) and all in all I really really love this sword. Now if only I could put a wide guard like that on my Viceroy!

Others of interest for future purchases: A&A German Bastard; Albion Berserker, Sheriff, and Duke; a pair of steel waisters.

The knife and the scabbard were made by Jan Chodkiewicz, apparently the scabbard will receive a chape at a later date.

[ Linked Image ]

[ Linked Image ]

[ Linked Image ]

[ Linked Image ]

[ Linked Image ]

[ Linked Image ]

[ Linked Image ]

Photo quality as usual is crap, but that's all I can do with my phone...
Mick Czerep wrote:
My brand new late 15th century Bauernwehr from my brand new wife :)

The knife and the scabbard were made by Jan Chodkiewicz, apparently the scabbard will receive a chape at a later date.

Your wife has great taste. Jan's work looks fantastic.
Cheers, Jason!
She knows how much I appreciate Jan's work and she saw my eyes sparkle at the original we saw in Landesmuseum Zurich in Switzerland. A few more people were involved in the conspiracy, all of them knowledgeable, so the result just had to be great!

Weight is some 550g, feels lighter until you actually strike at something, heheh. It is the first hollow-ground blade Jan made, to the best of my knowledge. Well, call it a really wide fuller ;)
:) I really like this thread. Beautiful swords and happy new owners.

Here's my Angus Trim 1508. customized by Christian Fletcher. The first picture shows it next to my Windlass Rondell Dagger and Albion Talhoffer.

Attachment: 127.16 KB
DSCN3407e2myarmoury.jpg

Attachment: 127.6 KB
[ Download ]
sehr gut Micha....

great looking items indeed....the rondel is a looker...

here's my latest from about 3 weeks ago (been posted before but what the heck)

Windlass Verneuil.....

My new Del Tin 2130 sword of St.Maurice. :) Sorry for the bad pictures, they are from my phone...

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 73, 74, 75  Next

Page 20 of 75

Jump to: