Maximilians Triumpfzug
As I finally got my hands on a complete reproduction of Maximilians Triumpfzug of acceptable quality, I thought, I'd share.

[ Linked Image ]

This one's suppsed to show veteran soldiers. I suppose the main point of interest would be the scabbards of these two-handed sword.

[ Linked Image ]

These are "Fencers with their swords sheated". The order called for "Funf personnen mit swertern in den Schaidten vber die Achseln."

[ Linked Image ]

Hungarian fencers with pavis, "Funf personnen mit pafeßen, die sollen haben vnngrische koller"

[ Linked Image ]

"Funf personnen mit tärtschln, die sollen haben messer auch plos.", scanned from another source.
[ Linked Image ]

"Funf personnen mit Pugkler, die sollen haben lanng Degen plos in der hanndt." - Funnily the text demands: "Five men, armed with bucklers and rapiers."

[ Linked Image ]

Five men with Poleaxes

[ Linked Image ]

Five and five men with helmbarts and pikes

[ Linked Image ]

Five men with quarterstaffs and five with flails and the leader of the pack.

[ Linked Image ]

Five very brave bear hunters

[ Linked Image ]

Five hunters with Sauschwertern and their prey.

[ Linked Image ]

Five hunters of...uh...chamois?

[ Linked Image ]

Falconeers and the Master Falconeer

Other points of interest would be the banner bearers of Old-Austrian and Austria, whose horses legs are partially armed and the 12 manners of gesteche illustrated.
Thanks, Werner! It's great to be able to see such fine detail.
Hello Werner.
Congratulations, i was told that it is hard to get that book.

Do you have any woodcut showing mounted men-at-arms from the Triumphs of Maximilian?

Thanks
Hi Werner,Great pics!!! Thank you for sharing these primary resources long be hunted by me!

As far as I know about Maximilian I,there is another important literature the Weiss König,is the Weiss König also difficult to get?do you have it?

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: