Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 98, 99, 100  Next

heres the good one...... (renn fair, no weapon... :( :( :( )

Attachment: 68.22 KB
facebook pics 3.jpg

Attachment: 63.4 KB
facebook4.jpg

Paul, the scale armour in you Auxiliary kit is just...wow... beautiful (the rest of the stuff aint exactly shabby, but that just really stands out as one of the best looking armours I have seen around the traps)

Nathan, I love the guy at the far right in the first pic in your seccond post there, omehow manages to look like a pirate even in the plate harness, which is way cool :D
and quite chivalrous all at the same time! I dont know how he does it! I think it must be a side course at the jousting school he went to......
Nathan, I have to say, I would have killed to have kit like that when I was 15. :)
thanks. :D its been a long journey convincing my family that were not a bunch of fairyworld LARPers, but its really payed off. now, to get a nice Landsknecht kit past the armour warden (whom without, i would have thrown finances to the wind and purchased about 10 albions and 2 full harnesses, + a couple of soft kits) and find a good group in the area. and i do have to say, this site and you all have really inspired me to pull through with real history. as the lone armour guy in town, i get quite lonely sometimes, but then i get on here and become happy again. :)

ah, the weirdos we all are..... :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hi All.
Heres a few pics of me in my 15th century milanese harness.
Cheers, Paul.

Attachment: 67.63 KB
me.jpg

Attachment: 118.54 KB
[ Download ]

Attachment: 165.91 KB
[ Download ]
Nice armour Paul and good first post. :D :cool: ( Don't feel shy to post on other topics: It becomes " addictive " one ( me ) could say. ;) :lol: ).
very nice armour paul! I don't see enough of the big/small pauldron combo often depicted in period art (well, i can't throw stones, as any pauldrons ill be getting in the near future will be matched.... :lol: ) btw, i cant resist. is that cuirass from illusion armouy?
Most of it made by Oleg Yanchuk, whom I met on this site.

Attachment: 160.99 KB
4151789821_6900d44415.jpg

Attachment: 198.58 KB
4152089362_1dbfe603be.jpg

Attachment: 160.55 KB
Troy and Large Knight.jpg

Troy,

A lovely harness indeed. I am very fond of the 14th century armour and the look of your kit is very, very nice. Oleg did a great job on it.

RPM
Very nice indeed. Maybe you can show some side views, thee articulation and a visor down shot?
Thank you Randall and Felix. In regards to articulation, the elbow and knee cops are separate pieces tied on. I will get some pictures of the inside of the brigande so you can see how the plates are layed out within. I will get a pic on here with the visor down shortly. I'm not sure if I have pictures of a side view. I am unable to put this harness on alone and my wife is in Afghanistan so the next time I wear it I will get more pictures. Oleg did very nice work on this harness. It was all done via email with measurements and pictures. He fashioned the gauntlets from the Black Prince of Wales. I might say he did a great job with replicating them from the image I sent of the effigy.
Troy, is that the texas ren fest in the background? I'll be at the festival near dallas comming in april, how about you?

On a side note, I have a few pieces that I am waiting to be built, they will complete my mid to late 15th century kit. Pics will be posted mid to late january.
That is correct Christopher, it is the Texas Ren Fest and my wife and I should be at Scarby. Look forward to the armour pics. :D
My first kit. mid 14th century mercenary man-at-arms.

My armour. For a mid 14th century 'onderhoeftman' (Lieutanant?) and low nobleman.

Alex Hoogstraten wrote:
My armour. For a mid 14th century 'onderhoeftman' (Lieutanant?) and low nobleman.

Nice kit Alex! Your second photograph conveys the exact feel that I'm aiming for. Very nice legs (armour ;) ) and I'm envious of your Wisby style gauntlets.

<edit>
I'd also like to compliment the quality of the photograph. It seems to me that the viewer is transported to that specific moment in the battle. You can almost hear the clash of metal and the cries of battle.
Scott Hrouda wrote:
Alex Hoogstraten wrote:

Nice kit Alex! Your second photograph conveys the exact feel that I'm aiming for. Very nice legs (armour ;) ) and I'm envious of your Wisby style gauntlets.

<edit>
I'd also like to compliment the quality of the photograph. It seems to me that the viewer is transported to that specific moment in the battle. You can almost hear the clash of metal and the cries of battle.

Thanks. I to am very proud of those gauntlets. A friend of mine made those years ago. Now there are beiing fixed up. The leather is wearing out.

The upper leg armour I made with a friend of mine. They are not perfect, but after a few changes they sit well. The knees and shines were costum made by Jiri Krondak.

As for the picture. Were lucky that the photgraphers are willing to share their work with us so quickly.

http://s85.photobucket.com/albums/k79/Bonsart/

As for the moment. It could have been hectic. I was leading the besieging army and considering the fact I am holding my sword that way it might have been one of those moments.
I can't help but revive this thread to post here.

Here's a picture of my current unfinished kit. I'm still lacking a globose breastplate, maille skirt, hourglass gauntlets, and my Malatesta (Currently using an old junky windlass place holder). The Harness was made by both The Mercenary's Tailor and Maxim Suprovich of Wild Armoury. I'll also be working on a pair of period belts with brass fittings, to replace the costumey one I'm wearing in the pictures.

I would like to obtain a pollaxe to carry with this kit as well. If anyone would like to make a suggestion as to wear I might obtain one accurate to the early 15th century I would very much appreciate it.

That is awesome, awesome, AWESOME! I especially like the helmet. I think that whole kit would look really good with a brigandine.
Adam D. Kent-Isaac wrote:
That is awesome, awesome, AWESOME! I especially like the helmet. I think that whole kit would look really good with a brigandine.

Thanks very much! The Helm is my personal favorite piece as well. : D

You might have something there...A brigandine would be pretty neat. I may get one after I manage a globose breastplate.
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 98, 99, 100  Next

Page 30 of 100

Jump to: