Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > Historical Arms Talk > Show Us Your Kits and Harnesses! Reply to topic
This is a Spotlight Topic Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 83, 84, 85 ... 98, 99, 100  Next 
David Clark

PostPosted: Mon 07 Apr, 2014 8:11 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Wow! Your whole kit looks great!
Tom King

PostPosted: Mon 07 Apr, 2014 10:58 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

My new breastplate, made By "Robert of Stokewood", an english armorer who luckily for me moved to cocoa beach Big Grin

Attachment: 191.95 KB
1902770_826009507425631_1051921154_n.jpg

Rod Walker

PostPosted: Thu 10 Apr, 2014 8:37 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Playing with this harness again. Working on tailoring some voiders for it at the moment.

Photo By Bronwyn Elliott

Cheers

Rod
Jouster
www.jousting.com.au

"Come! Let us lay a lance in rest,
And tilt at windmills under a wild sky!
For who would live so petty and unblessed
That dare not tilt at something, ere he die?"
--Errantry, John Galsworthy
Brian W.

PostPosted: Thu 10 Apr, 2014 11:32 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Tom King wrote:
My new breastplate, made By "Robert of Stokewood", an english armorer who luckily for me moved to cocoa beach Big Grin
Robert of Stokewood made my spaulders. I am very happy with his work,the price,fit and finish were just what I wanted I will be buying more from him. Great looking kit by the way.
Quinn W.

PostPosted: Sun 13 Apr, 2014 4:46 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Finally put together enough of a soft kit to show here. Persona is a late 14th c English freeman.
With the exception of the sword (an Albion Crecy) everything here was made by either myself or one of my group's interpreters.

Attachment: 78.08 KB
IMG_4650.jpg

"Some say that the age of chivalry is past, that the spirit of romance is dead. The age of chivalry is never past, so long as there is a wrong left unredressed on earth"
Nicholas Barton

PostPosted: Wed 16 Apr, 2014 4:18 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Philip Dyer wrote:
Nicholas Barton wrote:
here my at last weekends larp event for Swordcraft
my group within it is 14th century france inspired and i ranked up to a knight errant

You put all that armor on then hit each other with foam swords? With the nice kit you have you at least test by joining a living history group or SCA. I thought that was one of the main attractions of larp, since ya'll hit each other with foam weapons ya'll don't have to drop the time or cash on armour that SCA, BOTN, ACL, AEMA, or a living history group would, ya'll essentially could just wear period clothing.

i know a few pages back but its been a while since ive been on myArmoury
i joined the SCA near me not long after that weekend, and am waiting on a new 14c group to start up with some mates

i always wanted to do re-enactment, one of the big reasons i dropped the cash on real Armour not larp tin foil

i should put again, i have made some improvements, namely adding a COP and a basinet, and proper gauntlets

Why are you standing still?
Dan Rosen

PostPosted: Thu 17 Apr, 2014 9:22 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Here's the latest version of my nicer kit ca. 1570s-1570s ...I have a few variations on more rustic ones too. All of it is handsewn..mostly by me. This was taken at Fort Wayne, IN during an event. A friend and I had a tailor ' s shop demo set up

Attachment: 44.7 KB
[ Download ]

-Dan Rosen

"One day there will be no more frontier, and men like you will go too."
Robert Dietman

PostPosted: Tue 29 Apr, 2014 5:56 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Brian W. wrote:
Tom King wrote:
Robert of Stokewood made my spaulders. I am very happy with his work,the price,fit and finish were just what I wanted I will be buying more from him. Great looking kit by the way.

Not to mention the fact that he is a very handsome, intelligent and talented man with charitable instincts and a twinkle in his eye. Women want him and men want to be him...and he spends way to much time on the internet LOL Cool

"I handled that thought carefully, for it was sharp enough to kill me." -Robin Hobb
Zach H.

PostPosted: Thu 01 May, 2014 9:52 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Here's my Late Iron Age/ Early Medieval Gaelic kit. I used the Book of Kells and Pictish stones as pictorial sources. I need to start work on a better looking pair of trews and an inar. The main idea was to have a kit that would work from just right before the Christianization of Ireland through the Viking invasions.

http://i.imgur.com/tXxP3PW.jpg
Tjarand Matre

PostPosted: Mon 05 May, 2014 3:17 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

A bit dismembered, but here is a picture of my gothic legs. Made by Via Armorari, based on Scandinavian sources.

Attachment: 184.05 KB
[ Download ]
William P

PostPosted: Tue 06 May, 2014 8:06 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

nice lines on that leg armour, its the major reason i justlove gothic plate, and everytime i see these i wanna just grab a chunck of money and buy a set
Matthew Amt

PostPosted: Tue 06 May, 2014 1:08 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Gosh, guess I better chip in! Been working on a lot of Greek stuff lately, so first is the garden-variety hoplite of the Persian War era, c. 480 BC.

The helmet was custom-made by Joe Piela of Lonely Mountain Forge, eons ago. I made the rest, though the spearhead is just cut and ground down from an MRL monster.

I'm also working on an earlier impression, c. 650 BC.

The helmet I made from a spun brass dome, and the sword blade is a *bronze* Naue II by Neil Burridge (of course!), though I plan to make an iron/steel version soon. Same shield and greaves as the later impression, though I will try to make new greaves. Plus a bell cuirass. Gonna be a busy summer!

Khairete,

Matthew
J. Nicolaysen

PostPosted: Tue 06 May, 2014 4:18 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Some really nice kits recently. Zach, I enjoy the Dark Ages stuff, and like Pictish designs. Neat.

Matthew Amt, excellent work as always, nice to see what you are up to. Do you mean that you are going to have an Iron Naue II made for the earlier hoplite, or that you are going to have a different type of iron sword for that? What kind of sword? Also, how did you come up with the design for the scabbard for Neil's Naue II? I assume you made it.

Regards, Kem
Matthew Amt

PostPosted: Tue 06 May, 2014 7:16 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Thanks much! Right, I plan to make a Naue II out of steel to go with this kit, leaving the bronze sword for the Bronze Age! This scabbard is just painted wood--not trusting my painting skills, I went with a couple simple black lines around the edges, inspired by Mycenaean pottery. The suspension loops of bronze wire--hoo, not sure I remember clearly, but they may actually be based on a Danish find. There aren't any decent finds of scabbard suspensions from Bronze Age Greece, just some vague artwork. The baldric tied at the shoulder shows up in a couple different depictions, though.

It was only after finishing this scabbard that I ran across a nice Geometric era vase that shows a delightful Trojan Horse with several heroes leaning out the big windows! Two Naue II swords and scabbards are very clearly shown, with baldrics and rectangular chapes. So that's what I'll be going with for the new one.

And yes, many lovely things to see in this thread!!

Matthew
Reece Nelson

PostPosted: Tue 06 May, 2014 8:56 pm    Post subject: show us your kits and harnesses         Reply with quote

Here are photos of from our Deed of Arms tournament we had held a few weeks ago. I'm the guy in the black and gold armour Big Grin The harness is dated for the early 15th century, during the battle of Agincourt in the year 1415. I had spent a great amount of time documenting each piece and it took two years to complete ( well...more or less...still work to be done)

My group and I will be attending the 600th anniversary for the battle of Agincourt next year and I cannot wait! Big Grin

-Reece

Attachment: 168.81 KB
[ Download ]

Attachment: 191.73 KB
[ Download ]

Attachment: 231.44 KB
[ Download ]

Attachment: 173.35 KB
[ Download ]
Elric Rabenfels

PostPosted: Sun 18 May, 2014 1:26 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Alot of good kits posted recently.

But Reece gets bonus points for the pegleg!

I always love it when people simply have too much passion for something to let something like a missing limb stop them.

Oh, and here is me showing off my new late 15th century clothes:

There are some small details that need to be fixed, like the hole in the jacket, the low-hanging codpiece and the belt needs shortening, but overall, I'm extremely happy with it. Big Grin

- What can change the nature of a man?
S. Sebok

PostPosted: Sun 18 May, 2014 7:38 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Heres my kit on the left in the red and black portraying a German knight, the helm my friend portraying a Polish knight is borrowing from me and is my Dargen as the Madeln helm I am wearing did not fit him properly. Oddly I measured the sizes and both helms are the same size diameter wise just the distribution of the size is different as the Dargen is wider at the middle and the Madeln is actually longer from the profile. Still have to work on getting my chausses to fit properly.
Foong Chen Hong

PostPosted: Mon 19 May, 2014 4:47 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Damn, I always wanted a Royal Oak armoury helm lol
Descanse En Paz
Tjarand Matre

PostPosted: Tue 27 May, 2014 12:49 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Mobile phone pic of my later 15th century kit. Taken outside Akershus fortress in Oslo during the Oslo Medieval festival this weekend.

Attachment: 132.34 KB
[ Download ]
David Žaitlík

PostPosted: Sat 31 May, 2014 12:23 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

My 1360-1370 kit, now I'm changing some parts of the armor.
North Moravian lord Pawl de Eulenburk.

Forum Index > Historical Arms Talk > Show Us Your Kits and Harnesses!
Page 84 of 100 Reply to topic
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 83, 84, 85 ... 98, 99, 100  Next All times are GMT - 8 Hours

View previous topic :: View next topic
Jump to: