Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

James Barker wrote:

I don't think we have more than fragments and shirts that are too damages to tell like the Sutton Hoo shirt from that era.

Well...apart from the one from Thorsbjerg and two from Vimose that is..which are practically complete. This is one of the Vimose shirts (with a close up of the rings)...I think you can see some evidence for tailoring under the neck. The rings are a mix of punched solids and drawn round wire riveted.

Attachment: 119.67 KB
maille.JPG

Attachment: 124.66 KB
maille2.JPG

Matthew, i can not tell from those pictures, but is that mail wedge rivetted, or round rivetted?
Matthew Bunker wrote:
James Barker wrote:

I don't think we have more than fragments and shirts that are too damages to tell like the Sutton Hoo shirt from that era.

Well...apart from the one from Thorsbjerg and two from Vimose that is..which are practically complete. This is one of the Vimose shirts (with a close up of the rings)...I think you can see some evidence for tailoring under the neck. The rings are a mix of punched solids and drawn round wire riveted.

These are excellent pictures! Do you have any more of this hauberk or the other Vimose/Thorsbjerg finds?
Another related question!

does anyone have a source for non galvanized steel wire (so I don't poison myself annealing it) :eek:
Or better yet, does someone have a source for non galvanized iron wire?

Websites appreciated, specific product pages even more appreciated! :lol:

Thank you!
Nathan Gilleland wrote:
Another related question!

does anyone have a source for non galvanized steel wire (so I don't poison myself annealing it) :eek:
Or better yet, does someone have a source for non galvanized iron wire?

Websites appreciated, specific product pages even more appreciated! :lol:

Thank you!

Try The Ring Lord at http://theringlord.com/ .
Just wanted to add that I get (at the moment) a fair bit of my gear from Medieval-Fight Club, better still, they're based in Australia as well! :lol:
Just a thought.
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Page 3 of 3

Jump to: