New Arrival: Albion Crecy Mark 2
A few weeks ago, I posted a thread asking your opinions on what Albion sword I should get. I had an Albion credit of around $300 and wanted to put it towards something nice. And here is my choice... the Albion Crecy Grete Swerde Mark II.

I will be writing a full review soon, and will post it here! I will say this much right now: this sword, although labeled as a "First Generation" Albion Mark sword, is no less spectacular than any in the Next Generation line. The "Mark II" upgrades place its build quality up there with the Next Gens as well.

[ Linked Image ]

[ Linked Image ]
nice cat and one gorgeous sword.
is the sword cross a type 1 or 2 i cant really tell with those pics?
Looks nice but it also looks like you will have to fight your feline master for it.
WOW! i can't wait to see the review, and more pics, we lots more pics from different angles.
I have considering purchasing that one, but i wasn't sure, cus i thought i liked the Mark 1 better, but the mark is 2 is definitely attractive. I think that will be my next purchase after an Albion riding sword.
:)
Another pic, this time of the guard. The lighting in this room was not as bright as I thought it was.

[ Linked Image ]
That's so pretty :cry:
Yes, I am consistently amazed by how Albion pulls off simple elegance with their swords. The First Gen Gaddhjalt I have was pleasant enough, but this Crecy really takes the cake.
I'm having a hard time seeing what the differences might be between the original Crecy and the new version. Perhaps the finish on the cross and pommel? Maybe some slight reworking of the profile of the grip? Otherwise this sword looks identical to the Crecy Mark 1, as far as I can see.
The grip is shorter on the Mark 2. Not by much, but slightly so. The construction is also different in that it is hot peened, and the peened end is shaped into a pyramid block. There was a thread on myArmoury explaining the differences... I'll try to find it. :)
Review online!
Basic Review at:

http://www.congruent-z.com/swords

Last edited by Timothy Gulics on Tue 13 Apr, 2004 6:23 am; edited 1 time in total
Very nice sword you have there, Timothy! Each Albion I see has always impressed me.

Regards,

James
Hi Tim:

Congrats on your new sword, it's gorgeous. Especially like the weathered, light-brown grip. This exact sword/color combo is one of the two or three that are currently topping my wish list (or possibly oxblood with blued furniture, I can't decide! Does anybody have the light brown leather with blued hilt?) Either way, I'm looking forward to your review. :)

Are you planning on getting one of Albion's scabbard's for it?

Best,

Ted
I'm usually not one for scabbards, since I always wind up displaying my swords on a rack, but I have been considering one for the Crecy. I don't see myself carrying this sword around on my belt any time soon, but should the need arise it will be nice to have a sheath for her. :)

I've asked Albion what they have available for the Crecy. I could also hit up Christian Fletcher, but he's got enough of my money! :P
Yeah, I gotta tell ya Tmothy, that's a pretty sword! How's it handle? What the blade pressence like?
She handles like a dream. I was very surprised at how well this sword tracks and moves, and the balance is spot-on. Easily controlled but still packs a wollop. There is a lot of sword here, but it is perfect for my size and stature.

I'll update my review site as I get to handle her more, and if I dare to try cutting exercises (the Crecy is too nice to get scratched up!)...
I think the Crecy mk2 is my favourite Albion sword, edging out the Baron. The Viceroy might knock it off the perch though...

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: