Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > myArmoury.com Features Talk > THE WINNERS: Skull-crushing support for myArmoury.comContest Reply to topic
This is a standard topic Go to page 1, 2  Next 
Nathan Robinson
myArmoury Admin

myArmoury Admin

PostPosted: Mon 25 Aug, 2008 7:05 am    Post subject: THE WINNERS: Skull-crushing support for myArmoury.com         Reply with quote

Hi Everybody!

We just finished our Skull-crushing Contest that gave chances to win prizes to those members who were kind enough to contribute to the ongoing efforts of myArmoury.com.

The contest winners have been chosen!

Here they are along with the prizes that each of them has won:

Tim Boyer of Tustin, California wins the first prize:

A custom one-of-a-kind sword made by Jody Samson called the Skull-crusher Cutlass valued at $1,200 US.

John Gillan from somewhere in Canada wins the second prize:

Windlass Steelcrafts Early Spanish Sword

Jonathan Eells of Lake Arrowhead, California wins the third prize:

Windlass Steelcrafts Venetian Sword

--------------------------------------------------

Please take a moment to congratulate the winners. Thanks goes out to all the people who gave so much to this site. Your generosity will go towards keeping this site what it is is and, more importantly, help it continue to grow even stronger.

For those of you who gave and did not win this time around, I will announce here and now that you will each get a second chance at being a winner! We've already lined up the prizes for a future contest and all of those who contributed after July 15, 2008 will be automatically entered into that future contest! Cheers to each of you.

To review the details of this contest, please visit the Contest Announcement.

Stay tuned for more contests here at myArmoury.com!
Tim Boyer

Reading list: 3 books

PostPosted: Mon 25 Aug, 2008 7:19 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Seeing that E-mail in my box when checking the forum this morning defiantly turned an "oh man.. monday morning" into " OH YAY! Monday Morning!" Big Grin

Thank you very much Nathan for running this terrific site! And also just want to say thank you to everyone who talks regularly here, as this has become my favorite site to frequent through out the day.

Not only has this community been instrumental in getting me excited about historical swords over fantasy (though fantasy swords still really cool Happy ) This also spurred my interest in metal working and this last Saturday i took my first Blacksmithing class at the local ABANA chapter Big Grin all in all its been a really exciting weekend and start to the week! Happy

Bad is never good, until worse happens.
Danish Proverb
Jonathan Hopkins

PostPosted: Mon 25 Aug, 2008 7:24 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Congratulations, everyone! I hope you find the time to check back with us and give your impressions of your new swords. Happy

All the best,
Jonathan
Jonathan Eells

PostPosted: Mon 25 Aug, 2008 7:27 am    Post subject: Ahh, Venice...         Reply with quote

Who cares if I ever make it to Venice now! Well, I mean the Italian one. I've got a Venetian!

I've never been so happy to be third place. The Venetian was the sword I admired most, and waking up to learn I had just won it was pretty cool.

This site is, beyond its potential for major swag, a marvelous resource for me as I learn my way around swords and deepen my learning in the field. Thank you, all of you, for your contributions toward my goal of swordly erudition, and thank you Nathan for the sword!

jwe
Allen Andrews

Reading list: 5 books

PostPosted: Mon 25 Aug, 2008 7:28 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Congratulations to the winners, and thanks again to all those who make this such a great site.
" I would not snare even an orc with a falsehood. "

Faramir son of Denethor

Words to live by. (Yes, I know he's not a real person)
Mike Capanelli

Reading list: 5 books

PostPosted: Mon 25 Aug, 2008 9:02 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Congrats to you guys. Nothing like winning a sword let alone on a Monday morning Big Grin And just think, we all get o keep a site we love going in the process. I'd also like to thank Nathan for even offering prizes for something I'm sure we'd do anyway, donating to keep this site afloat.
Winter is coming
J. Erb

PostPosted: Mon 25 Aug, 2008 9:22 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Congrats, all!

I'd also like to offer my own thanks to everyone who keeps this fun, hugely informative, and refreshingly civilized website running. I don't know all that much about arms and armor, but, with the help of the articles and forums here, I'm slowly correcting that -- myArmoury is truly a fine resource. I've not had the means to donate yet, unfortunately, but when I'm done with my summer jobs, I hope to change that. Wink

"What greater weapon is there than to turn an enemy to your cause, to use their own knowledge against them?"
Brian K.
Industry Professional

PostPosted: Mon 25 Aug, 2008 9:36 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Congrats to the winners. A fine contest for all, and a mighty fine looking Jody Sampson blade. I had my fingers crossed.
Brian Kunz
www.dbkcustomswords.com
Gabriel Lebec
myArmoury Team

myArmoury Team

Reading list: 32 books

PostPosted: Mon 25 Aug, 2008 10:23 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Congrats to the winners! :-) And thank you everyone who participated and is helping to keep myArmoury afloat.
Cheers,
-GLL

"The most beautiful experience we can have is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion that stands at the cradle of true art and true science." - Albert Einstein
________
Stephanie Maks

Reading list: 9 books

PostPosted: Mon 25 Aug, 2008 11:13 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Congratulations to the winners, and to myArmoury for exceeding their campaign goals by such a wide margin!

-Stephanie
Sean Flynt

Reading list: 13 books

Spotlight topics: 7

PostPosted: Mon 25 Aug, 2008 12:07 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Congratulations, folks!

Winning a myArmoury.com drawing many years ago made a huge difference in my life. Sounds like I'm being dramatic, but I'm really not. Winning a very fine one-of-a-kind sword drew me deeper into the site, encouraged me to research and publish about not just that sword but others as well. And the more I learned about the sword the more I learned about related subjects. The more I learned about related subjects the more I wanted to collect in those areas. All of this also led to a corresponding increase in workbench skills and understanding of form and function in historical arms and armour. That's a big chunk of my brain dedicated to a subject that unites almost all of my various interests, and that's life-changing.

I hope the winners will find their experience equally rewarding!

-Sean

Author of the Little Hammer novel

https://www.amazon.com/Little-Hammer-Sean-Flynt/dp/B08XN7HZ82/ref=sr_1_1?dchild=1&keywords=little+hammer+book&qid=1627482034&sr=8-1
Jean Thibodeau

Reading list: 1 book

Spotlight topics: 5

PostPosted: Mon 25 Aug, 2008 1:49 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Congratulations to all the winners and I glad we surpassed the objective by so much considering the state of the economy at the moment.

This is a great place to learn and have pleasant and courteous discussions and make friends.

You can easily give up your freedom. You have to fight hard to get it back!
Torsten F.H. Wilke

PostPosted: Mon 25 Aug, 2008 1:51 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

That was fun, akin to waiting for lottery results!!!

I'm glad those fine gentlemen were picked, but I still maintain any of those fine prizes would have been just as happy in my miniscule collection, lol. Since Tim is only about 8 miles away, maybe he wouldn't mind showing the Jody Samson sword off when it arrives...
Nick Winley

Reading list: 12 books

PostPosted: Mon 25 Aug, 2008 2:50 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Congratulations people!

Very jealous of all three of you of course!

"The Riddle of Steel. Yes! You know what it is, don't you boy."
Marc Pengryffyn

PostPosted: Mon 25 Aug, 2008 3:28 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Congratulations and serious sword-envy to all of you! Especially you, Jonathon, I liked the look of that Venetian too....

Thanks again to all you myArmoury folk for such a great site.

Marc

Tradition is the illusion of permanence.
Jonathan Eells

PostPosted: Mon 25 Aug, 2008 5:13 pm    Post subject: I need a bigger boat         Reply with quote

I'd let you swing her around, Marc, but my boat's not big enough to make Australia at this time of year! With my sailor's luck, I'd have sailed right into that beastie what's soaking the south of Baja right now. We'd be testing the Venetian's usability as an emergency paddle for the lifeboat. Or worse, I'd accidentally stab the lifeboat.

I'm looking forward to having some mighty good chopping with the Venetian. I'll make some croissants (take that, you Turks!), and slice 'em up.

[BTW, I love the Turks and Turkey, I was merely referencing the historical kerfuffles involving Turkey and the Venetians over the years. Heh. ]

Cheers!
jwe
Tim Boyer

Reading list: 3 books

PostPosted: Mon 25 Aug, 2008 5:44 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Torsten F.H. Wilke wrote:
That was fun, akin to waiting for lottery results!!!

I'm glad those fine gentlemen were picked, but I still maintain any of those fine prizes would have been just as happy in my minuscule collection, lol. Since Tim is only about 8 miles away, maybe he wouldn't mind showing the Jody Samson sword off when it arrives...

Of course! we can compare minuscule collections! haha this really will be only my 3rd display worthy piece Big Grin

Bad is never good, until worse happens.
Danish Proverb
D. Austin
Industry Professional

PostPosted: Mon 25 Aug, 2008 6:08 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Congratulations guys, and well done to Nathan too for acquiring such fine prizes for supporters of this site.
R D Moore

Reading list: 11 books

Spotlight topics: 1

PostPosted: Mon 25 Aug, 2008 6:50 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Congratulations, gentlemen! In this case I think it could have happened to a better guy...but I'll learn to live with it! Laughing Out Loud
Andy Bain

PostPosted: Mon 25 Aug, 2008 7:25 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Congratulations to the three winners. Enjoy you new swords.

Forum Index > myArmoury.com Features Talk > THE WINNERS: Skull-crushing support for myArmoury.comContest
Page 1 of 2 Reply to topic
Go to page 1, 2  Next All times are GMT - 8 Hours

View previous topic :: View next topic
Jump to: