Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Great stuff Julien! I have yet to give a scabbard build a serious try and I will admit it scares me a bit. I didn't dislike the chape you used earlier but I think a custom one will look better. Excellent leather working as usual. Nice stitching on the back. Like the riser design and the tooling. Great job! Keep up the good work!
Not a big update but I managed to fit a chape to my crecy scabbard. I used a cheap conical shape (made for the bottom of a spear probably), removed a third of the lenght, flattened it, cut bits and pieces here and there with a dremel, hammered it, soldered it once I hammered and twisted it too much with a pair of pliers and split one side open as the welding broke...

Anyway, save for a bit of polishing I am happy with it.

Let me know what you think.

Cheers,

J

Attachment: 13.62 KB
IMG_2642 (Medium).jpg

Attachment: 20.7 KB
IMG_2616 (Medium).jpg

Attachment: 12.18 KB
IMG_2632 (Medium).jpg

Last edited by Julien M on Wed 13 Jan, 2010 1:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
It's not only nice and well made, it's also very clever !

Cheers,

David
That is realy nice and again shows hoow much the addition of metalfittings to a scabbard is completing the overall appearance.
Excellent solution!
It's been a while since I started this project (an understatement, just checked my first post on this thread (first post on myArmoury too as a matter of fact), it was 4 years ago!), and I've now finished it only to ship sword and scabbard to it's new owner.

One might feel from the above sentence that parting with this special sword (my first high end piece) isn't easy. Quiet true but it has to go nonetheless: I have already bought an A&A town guard sword to take its place (a shift of my interest towards later swords), and I do have 10ish Albion blades to hilt so my Crecy was not likely to get more attention from me.

Two knots strap suspensions set up, with a simple brass ring as a distributor (a seen on various period sources), allowing for the sword to rest very comfortably on the hip.

Pictures below.

Cheers,

J

Last edited by Julien M on Sun 23 Sep, 2012 9:56 am; edited 2 times in total
Looks great Julien!!! I really like the suspension. Very simple and elegant. The colors are great too! I'd love to see a picture of it being worn. Great job!

Last edited by Tim Lison on Mon 24 Sep, 2012 10:33 am; edited 1 time in total
That's a fantastic scabbard! Worth the wait. :D
Want a job?

When you get you workshop I will come over when I am in Paris and show you the metal work side.

Great work.

Tod
I was just re-reading this thread and came across this rather amusing comment given the current status of said forumite.

JE Sarge wrote back in 2008
Quote:
Great work on the scabbard. It kind of inspires me to try it myself on one of my scabbardless swords.

How things change Johnathan!

Tod
Amusing to see this old thread resurface :) Thx Ruppert for your kind words. I don't own this sword anymore, so I can't provide more pictures I'm afraid. It's new owner might if he sees that post, being a fellow myArmoury member.

Leo Todeschini wrote:
Want a job?
When you get you workshop I will come over when I am in Paris and show you the metal work side.

Cheers Tod. I'd love that very much. Since the move, tools and materials are still boxed in my laundry room, and it's all work and no play lately. I'll find a way to get a place to work, hopefully soon!
Julien M wrote:
Amusing to see this old thread resurface :) Thx Ruppert for your kind words. I don't own this sword anymore, so I can't provide more pictures I'm afraid. It's new owner might if he sees that post, being a fellow myArmoury member.

I'll take any pictures you like, time and weather permitting. Just tell me what you'd like to see.
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Page 3 of 3

Jump to: