Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > Makers and Manufacturers Talk > A&A Highlight Christmas Special Reply to topic
This is a standard topic Go to page Previous  1, 2 
Gabriel Lebec
myArmoury Team

myArmoury Team

Reading list: 32 books

Feedback score: None
PostPosted: Fri 05 Dec, 2008 8:30 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Russ Ellis wrote:
Cool! I was wondering who was buying the others! Hey did they tell you what the handle of "O" is made out of?

Oddly enough I didn't think to ask, although I was on the phone with them and the different handle material was one reason I was attracted to it in the first place. I think I need a vacation, good thing Christmas is coming. Wink

"The most beautiful experience we can have is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion that stands at the cradle of true art and true science." - Albert Einstein
________
Craig Johnson
Industry Professional

Reading list: 20 books

Spotlight topics: 1

Feedback score: 100%
(1 total ▮ 100% positive)
PostPosted: Fri 05 Dec, 2008 9:18 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Nathan Robinson wrote:
Hey, it's kind of neat seeing what people like and going back to the photo... sort of a little game, really.

Thanks, Craig.

Well you know Nathan we aim to please Happy

Russ Ellis wrote:
...what the handle of "O" is made out of?

It is curly maple with a jacobean stain, finished with one coat of tongue oil. As a note if people want to have a heavier finish on the wood they can add coats of tongue oil and this will build up a very comfortable finish that can get as glossy as you like.

The grips are maple, curly maple, walnut, some type of fruit wood and one or two in ash. We have a box of cool wood that has been left over from projects and just took what looked good and tried to do several different styles based on the piece illustrated in the Knives and Scabbards book.

Russ Ellis wrote:
I wonder if this to would have been something we might have seen in period. I'll bet it was.

I would expect that the period makers would very much use local materials and every little bit of stuff they could to make their items. We have a small group of these in The Oakeshott Collection as well and it is amazing how deliate some these were. Most the pieces we made are a bit more robust. But there are many examples smaller and lighter than even U.

As of this minute 11:15 am Central 12/5/08 the list on line is up to date as to what has sold.

Happy Holidays Everyone

Time to get back to work Happy its kind of like Santa's workshop around here, minus the elves and the candy and the charols and such.

Best Craig

PS Russ think fork/awl for the pick Happy
Craig Johnson
Industry Professional

PostPosted: Tue 16 Dec, 2008 9:23 am    Post subject: Happy Holidays         Reply with quote

Hope everyone is having a good holiday.

Just wanted to update a price change for anyone looking for a last minute gift for somebody who likes swords or something for yourself.

We are reducing the price on Sword in Hand this will be a price reduction not just a sale.

There are a few days left so if you order now we should be able to get this off to you by christmas.

Best
Craig

PS there are still a few knives left as well Happy

Last edited by Craig Johnson on Thu 18 Dec, 2008 7:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Jason Daub

Reading list: 78 books

PostPosted: Thu 18 Dec, 2008 5:09 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

"P" just showed up at the post office today, it looks better in person than in the photo. The grip has a nice little curve that doesn't show up well in the image on the A&A site. It's worth every penny. I just wish that I would have had the chance to snag "T" as well.
'I saw young Harry, -with his bevor on,
His cuisses on his thighs, gallantly arm'd,-
Rise from the ground like feather'd Mercury,
And vaulted with such ease into his seat,
As if an angel dropp'd down from the clouds,
To turn and wind a fiery Pegasus,
And witch the world with noble horsemanship.'
Craig Johnson
Industry Professional

PostPosted: Fri 19 Dec, 2008 6:33 pm    Post subject: Hi Jason         Reply with quote

I am glad you like the knife Jason. As I hope all that have gotten one or are about to receive one find it to their satisfaction. May they serve long and well.

I would not doubt that we will do this type of thing again as we enjoyed making them and they have been much appreciated by many.

Also wanted to update there are a few left, including C which was committed earlier but the purchaser decided on another.

Merry Christmas All

Craig Happy
Edward Hitchens

Reading list: 9 books

PostPosted: Sat 20 Dec, 2008 12:15 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Wow, all those knives look really cool! It seems like O, P, and U are the most popular. I like M and S.

Any one of those would be perfect for cutting the Christmas roast. Razz Merry Christmas everyone!

"The whole art of government consists in the art of being honest." Thomas Jefferson

Forum Index > Makers and Manufacturers Talk > A&A Highlight Christmas Special
Page 2 of 2 Reply to topic
Go to page Previous  1, 2 All times are GMT - 8 Hours

View previous topic :: View next topic
Jump to: