Go to page 1, 2  Next

A&A, CF, and Albion Pics
I had this nice post all preped and then IE decided to bomb.

So only the pics I guess.

A&A custom and GBS.

CF Redeemer.

Albion Regent which made me an instant fan of hollow grinding. Too bad its rarely done and expensive when it is done.

Attachment: 100.16 KB
DSC00166.JPG
Redeemer hilt
Your GBS looks as though it only has one side ring though every other photo I have seen of an A&A GBS shows one on each side. What's up?
Allen W wrote:
Your GBS looks as though it only has one side ring though every other photo I have seen of an A&A GBS shows one on each side. What's up?

Joe's piece has been custom-ordered to have only the single ring.
Nathan Robinson wrote:
Allen W wrote:

Is their any particular reason beyond asthetics?
I guess I never had pictured that the Regent would be quite so large. From the pictures, it looks nearly as long as the GBS. Very nice.
Next batch
Some more photos.

Did not want to risk IE crapping out again.

Attachment: 109.14 KB
DSC00167.JPG
Regent Hilt

Attachment: 68.88 KB
DSC00168.JPG
Pic showing Regent Hollow grind

Attachment: 89.05 KB
DSC00170.JPG
Redeemer scabbard

Attachment: 95.44 KB
DSC00171.JPG
Redeemer scabbard throat and suspension
Allen W wrote:
Nathan Robinson wrote:
Allen W wrote:

Is their any particular reason beyond asthetics?

Yes...much easier to display than the two ringed version and differnt than the rest without going over the top. So perhaps practical asthetics?
Geoff Freeman wrote:
I guess I never had pictured that the Regent would be quite so large. From the pictures, it looks nearly as long as the GBS. Very nice.

I knew it was big but I was still surprised by how big.

The other surprise is that its probably 25% lighter than the GBS (but in fairness costs much, much more). Amazingly it does not feel whippy like other similar sized light weight models I've handled. Something I am inclined to attribute to the hollow grinding.

Last edited by Joe Fults on Wed 14 Apr, 2004 5:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Next series of photos
Took a bunch!

Attachment: 83.05 KB
DSC00172.JPG
Redeemer scabbard chape

Attachment: 89.09 KB
DSC00176.JPG
Group
That is quite a collection.
Last Two
Almost done!

Attachment: 93.69 KB
DSC00178.JPG
Redeemer in scabbard...note the good fit!

Attachment: 100.19 KB
DSC00179.JPG
Closer view of hilt/throat of Redeemer in scabbard.
That's a wicked point on that Regent, too. I like the shape of the grip, too. And, of course, the blade on that is really hollow-ground. Beautiful collection, Joe.
That's a great collection you have there. Great pics too. :) Love the fish-tail pommel on the Regent. It's really beautiful. You must be a very proud man right now. :D
Dang it. Dang it, dang it, dang it.

Now I NEED the Regent.

I have to admit, I have always been in love with that design. I don't know why. I have a liking for many fine blades, but for some reason that particular sword has taken hold of my brain and won't stop bugging me.

Alright... now I need a job... or at least a loan... hmm...
Anyway, great group of swords! :)

Last edited by Gabriel Lebec on Thu 15 Apr, 2004 11:26 am; edited 1 time in total
Wow, that is an awesome setup! You've prompted me to photograph my collection as well ;)

That Regent is pretty sweet. If that blade had a fuller, I'd be all over it. I love that pommel. It reminds me of a Phoenix bastard sword I saw a while back. Mmm.

Great collection :)
Re: Next batch
Joe Fults wrote:
Some more photos.

Did not want to risk IE crapping out again.

Wow...

The Regent hilt is absolutely lovely. Of the ladies in that photo, I believe her to be the prettiest. The Italian fashion model, perhaps?

The grip is longer than I thought it was from Albion's description- in context with the GBS, if you include half the length of the pommel, that's gotta be about 9" of grip surface.

I still have a soft spot for that Redeemer, though. Maybe someone will sell one in the classifieds when I actually have money... Very nice single-hander. Looks really broad and beefy.
WOW...exceptional pieces, one and all! Congratulations on your outstanding collection Joe and thanks for sharing the pics.

Regards,

Mike
A wonderful collection, Joe! Seeing the wonderful pictures of the Regent it hurts me even more that I had to delay the delivery of mine because of my holidays. But soon, soon... ;)

Greatings from Spain,

Markus
What a beautiful set o' swords you have there. They're all very nice.

Am I allowed to ask for more pics of the Regent??? :D
I can do more pics sometime in the future but it may be a little while before I have time to do them.
Go to page 1, 2  Next

Page 1 of 2

Jump to: