Cervenka work in progress
That estimable gentleman Vladimir Cervenka has sent me an update on my Cavalry Sword. I found this photo particularly pleasing. Good material for a brochure or some such:
Hey, that already looks really good! Keep us posted!
Can't wait to see the finished product. Would love to own one of Vladimir's works of art someday.

William
aka Bill
Definitely keep us posted. I like this guy's work and his rates are very affordable. I want to send a project his way when the time is right.
It's done! Latest pics:
More pics [I messed up putting them all in one post]
Wow! :eek:

Was this a totally custom commission or is it from his standard line? It's REALLY incredible!
Timothy Gulics wrote:
Wow! :eek:

Was this a totally custom commission or is it from his standard line? It's REALLY incredible!

Standard item #2000215, exactly as pictured on the website.

JSA
James, that's a great looking sword! Congratulations!
I'll bet you can't wait to actually get your hands on her. . . .
James,

Great looking! Congrats. Makes me want one of Vladimir's blades even more!

William
aka Bill
Cervenka Sword rcvd
Received it yesterday. Vladimir used some fast post! Less than a week to transit.

Initial impressions: Massive hilt, not much blade presence; definitely a thruster. The 38" blade is floppier than I would have preferred, but seems well-tempered. My shoddy comp[arison photos with Phoenix Flemish and A&A Italian don't sufficiently convey what a weapon this hilt makes.

POB is very close to the guard and the blade sings like a tuning fork when I cut a soft target. Blade is blunt for re-enacting and fencing. Point is acute indeed, however, and will have to be extensively abated for fencing. As is, it slides through cardboard like green corn through a goose. I think I'll try it on sawdust dummies.

Cervenka sword is in the middle of comparison photos:
Nothing to complain about there. Congrats!
James,
That's a real beauty. Congrats!

Out of curiousity, from start to finish, how long of a time frame to have this done.
Have been interested in Vladimir's stuff for some time. Thanx.

William
aka Bill
Congrats James! It looks great.
William Goodwin wrote:
James,
That's a real beauty. Congrats!

Out of curiousity, from start to finish, how long of a time frame to have this done.
Have been interested in Vladimir's stuff for some time. Thanx.

William
aka Bill

E-mail accepting order and giving estimated delivery time of July was received March 10.

JSA

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: