Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 23, 24, 25, 26  Next

um
reasons:
1. they get weapons, such as this one.
2. they had trade that rivaled rome.
3. they survived and outlived rome.
4. they were famed for being 5'9" giants!
5. they were famed for being ambidextrous fighters. I am clumsy with both hands
6. they were superb silversmiths, their fibulae were traded in most of the then known world.
7. their known world was bigger, and they explored and colonized.
8. they were excellent shipwrights.
9. they were better mariners.
10. their armies were volunteer and had codified duties and entrance exams.
11. they were famous for the harems they collected from all over the world (not just sweden) (i don't need a harem, 1 will do nicely)
12. a bunch of their cities are still around.
13. their swords were the basis of cruciform swords.
14. fullers are cool.

15. i probably am descended from one or 2 of them... harems: do the math.

I think that is a good start.

16. i almost forgot Berserkers!!!
Why would I like to be a viking?
Where I am right now it's mid-winter, wet, and everybody else has gone to Europe for the summer.
Give me a sleek longship, a good crew, and a fair breeze and I'll be off a viking with the best of them. especially with this beauty at my side.
Just think, months of sailing, "trading", exploring new lands, meeting new people ............ pillaging them.

Pedr
Ok so why I want to be a VIking? That's simple. I just love idea of bulky bearded warriors, drinking an enormous amounts of mead from their horns and setting sail on their drakkars. I am also totally impressed by the grim cruelty of Odin's warriors and their said resistance to the pain caused to them on the battlefield.
Why do i want to be an viking?

well the simple ansver is: LOOK AT THAT SWORD, :D the sword is the reason to why id like to be a viking.

Raiding some village swinging this beauty, or sitting by a fire admiring it, while counting my loot.

Have a nice day everyone :) and cood luck
Why to be a viking?
Why to be an axe wielding, mead drinking, bearded rude who's interest in foreign cultures is limited to burning and pillaging?

Well, show me the man who - at least deep inside - does [/b]not[/b] want to be a viking!!!

MS
Why do I want to be a viking?

That's easy... have you seen their cheerleading roster?

http://www.vikings.com/cheerleaders.html

:eek:

Jim
I want to be a viking because.. they have such cool stuff, ships, shields and their amazing swords
Re: Contest: Clontarf Viking Sword Giveaway!
I want to be a viking because of the exciting adventures and you don't have to have class to eat at the dinner table.
New Guy
Hey everyone,.
Well I have been getting the emails and lurking around here for a long time and after seeing this sword I felt it was time to post.

Why do I want this sword? I am an avid Viking follower, I read just about anything I can get my hands on. I am currently studying the Norse language. I have been a gamer for about 8 years now and from day 1 my callsign has been Northman. Plus I would like to hang this baby up next to my other Viking swords to show what a real sword looks like.

See you guys around.
BE the sword!
Why be a viking? To GO a-viking!

To borrow from an englishman writing about a greek:

"'Tis not to late to seek a newer world,
Push off, and sitting well in order smite
the sounding furrows; for my purpose holds
To sail beyond the sunset, and the baths
Of all the western stars, until I die.
We are not now that strength which in old days
Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are--
One equal temper of heroic hearts,
Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield."

Good luck to all,

~PO

*edited to remove stray tag
Re: New Guy
Wes Jackson wrote:
Hey everyone,.
Well I have been getting the emails and lurking around here for a long time and after seeing this sword I felt it was time to post.

Why do I want this sword? I am an avid Viking follower, I read just about anything I can get my hands on. I am currently studying the Norse language. I have been a gamer for about 8 years now and from day 1 my callsign has been Northman. Plus I would like to hang this baby up next to my other Viking swords to show what a real sword looks like.

See you guys around.

Oh yea, the main reason I need this sword is so the boys in Valhalla will let me in....
Doesn't everybody want to be a viking?
they get to play with sharp pointy things, and drink mead.
Why want to be a Viking...?

Among other things -

To have that lavish, spectacular Viking funeral to look forward to.

What a way to go!!!

:D

John
Hmm...Why I want to be a Viking?I've been studying the Northmen, their culture, weapons, beliefs and many other aspects of Viking's life for years. And I must say, I am overly impressed by all of them. Now my impression stands a chance to get a little bit more materialistic nature in the shape of this awesome piece of art...
Why would I like to be a Viking? Well, aside from the pillaging and looting, I actually like the taste of mead. And I need this sword. I need it to beat against my shield to produce that series of rhythmic clicks and clashes that enable true Vikings to communicate between ships using their secret Norse code.

See you in Valhalla,

Jeff
Bugger off! It's mine I tell you...
Hah, I'll be a viking and fight you and everyone else to get to keep that beautiful tool of
bloodshedding as my own. It will be worth losing a few limbs now and then, even if my girl is
going to be a bit annoyed when I bleed all over the place, coming home after a good day's fighting ;)

Maybe I'll get myself a matching scar with this one... hehe.

/ Jani
Why would I want to be a Viking?
*questions self,I thought I was?*
Adventure,hardship,going to new places,Battle,Yes battle.LIFE

P.s
Also agree with Swedish girls
Why do I want to be a Viking?
Kirk Douglas stared in a movie called "The Vikings" in 1958. There is a scene where he fights one heck of a battle and then runs up to to the top of a hill and shouts: "ODIN!" I always thought that was pretty cool. If I win this sword I can dress up and reenact that great scene.

Without the sword I'm just some shirtless, out of shape, nut case running around just begging to get arrested.
The Vi's need a new King

& why not?
Why a Viking?
Why would I like to be a Viking? Well, I'm Scandanavian, I'm blond, I've got nothing better to do... lets conquor Europe!
Thanks for another fine contest!

Cheers,
Greg
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 23, 24, 25, 26  Next

Page 24 of 26

Jump to: