My New Baron arrived......
.....and nearly gave me a heart attack! :lol: My new Baron arrived today at my In-Laws (where I have all my swords shipped, as there is always someone home). My Mother-in-Law called me when it arrived and (now we get to the heart attack part) said....the box is "bent"! After a millisecond of mental curses in every language I could think of, I asked her to "define bent". She said the box looked bent near what she said was the hilt end but appeared ok. One LLOOONNGGG workday later, I arrived to inspect the sword....its just perfect!! No ill effects suffered from a pretty rough transport session. Nothing I could say would add much to the fantastic reviews already submitted for this piece, So I'll settle for a HUGE "Thanks!" to all the guys at Albion! Mine has the oxblood leather wrap and the cross and pommel are blackened. A very handsome beast, if I do say so myself! LOL. I'll post a few pics as soon as my wife gets home with the camera.

Another proud member of "The Baron Club". :D

Regards.
Greetings James,

I'm glad to hear that "bent" did not mean damaged. I did wonder about the primal scream I heard yonder. :lol:

Looking forward to the pictures. You will have one of you holding the Baron in a heroic pose, I trust?
baron
Congrats James!! You must have been quite relieved to find it in good shape. I got the oxblood too but with the 'standard' cross and pommel. It's cool isn't it!! He he he! :D I can't stop smiling...

Better go and get it. Make sure she's not lonely. Oh, I've got it bad...

:p

Scott

P.S. Cheers to you and your new baby!!
Ah, another member of the club. :)

Enjoy your new sword. And if you get a chance, I'd love to see pics of the blackened furniture.
Chad Arnow wrote:
Ah, another member of the club. :)

Enjoy your new sword. And if you get a chance, I'd love to see pics of the blackened furniture.

I'm eager to see that also.
A few pics
Here are a few quick pics right out the box, as it were..

Attachment: 118.2 KB
baron hilt.jpg

view of the whole sword..

Attachment: 86.37 KB
[ Download ]

Last edited by J.G. Grubbs on Tue 27 Jul, 2004 7:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
One for Stephen.. :lol:

Attachment: 106.79 KB
jamesbaron 001.jpg

That's a very nice looking sword James.

I do like the blackened furniture. Unfortunately my skin seems to be very acid so finishes like that don't last long for me.

Nice manly pose too ;)
Congrats to a splendid sword. That is one of my favourite swords (don't own one yet) and seemingly a very popular choice. It looks huge.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: