Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > Makers and Manufacturers Talk > Chevalier, Oakeshott, Kingmaker scabbards Reply to topic
This is a standard topic  
Leo Todeschini
Industry Professional

Spotlight topics: 1

Feedback score: 100%
(3 total ▮ 100% positive)
PostPosted: Thu 07 Oct, 2010 2:39 am    Post subject: Chevalier, Oakeshott, Kingmaker scabbards         Reply with quote

Hi All Albion owners,

I have posted up pictures of recent scabbards I have made for a Chevlier and for a Kingmaker and I have two more scabbards, fitted up and ready to go, they just need a waist size and a colour.......

The Chevalier scabbard also fits the Oakeshott. The scabbard is made from a poplar core, has veg tan cow hide sewn on and a bronze hand beaten chape and has a vegtan harness that can either be fitted with a buckle and chape set or can be finished to be a French tie.

The kingmaker scabbard is made from a poplar core, veg tan sewn outer and steel scabbard fittings similar to that shown.

I hope you like them.

Tod

Attachment: 201.8 KB
Chevalier small1a.jpg

Attachment: 148.86 KB
chevalier small 2.jpg

Attachment: 225.83 KB
Chevailer small 3.jpg

Attachment: 197.07 KB
kingmaker small1.jpg

Attachment: 162.67 KB
kingmaker small2.jpg

Attachment: 141.62 KB
King maker small3.jpg

www.todsworkshop.com
www.todcutler.com
www.instagram.com/todsworkshop
https://www.facebook.com/TodsWorkshop
www.youtube.com/user/todsstuff1
Leo Todeschini
Industry Professional

Spotlight topics: 1

Feedback score: 100%
(3 total ▮ 100% positive)
PostPosted: Tue 12 Oct, 2010 10:03 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

The Kingmaker scabbard has gone, the Oakeshott/Chevalier scabbard remains and is available for £280

Regards

Tod

www.todsworkshop.com
www.todcutler.com
www.instagram.com/todsworkshop
https://www.facebook.com/TodsWorkshop
www.youtube.com/user/todsstuff1
Abe Zettek

Feedback score: None
PostPosted: Mon 29 Nov, 2010 9:08 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Continuing with the theme of scabbards, I should note that I also proudly own this scabbard for my Albion Chevalier.

The Chevalier is a remarkable sword; arguably my favorite out of the 7 Albions that I own. When I saw this scabbard appear for sale and knew through this forum of Tod's amazing work, I was confident that I had found a good home for my hollow-ground friend.

The fit of this scabbard, as with the Mercenary, was amazing, especially due to the fact that it was a 'swordless' scabbard. A little wool bunched up and pushed down to the tip inside erased the very tiny rattle (only when the end of the scabbard was hit was any noise heard), resulting in a tight and silent fit.

This is a simple yet elegant scabbard. It is not the one pictured in this thread, although has the same color (matching my Chevalier which is pretty much the same as shown, too). I prefer the subtle differences in mine, and hope to have a few pictures up soon to give an idea. The chape on the end of the core is one of my favorite aspects. It is such a simple design, and yet there is something about the changing proportions of thickness and shape that catch the eye when viewed up close... maybe it is just me. The buckle is also quite nice, with the sculpted shape complimenting the sword's pommel well.

The scabbard is a tough one! I had a fall on an icy, snow-covered slope, and the scabbard took it with no problem. However the leather was finished, it has shed water quite well thus far. The leather also feels just the right thickness, and the stitching (as on the Mercenary) is straight, even, and yet has a hand-done look, which makes sense, because it is!

Once again I am thrilled with this scabbard by Tod. I always thought of his work in more of a dagger/crossbow/other awesome random medieval things light, but I now know that his scabbard-making is just as detailed and skillful as everything else he does! Another long post!
Peter Johnsson
Industry Professional

Reading list: 1 book

Spotlight topics: 3

Feedback score: None
PostPosted: Tue 30 Nov, 2010 1:04 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Lovely scabbards Tod!

Good sense for style, shape and proportion.
Seeing this brings some light to a dark and cold winter.

Forum Index > Makers and Manufacturers Talk > Chevalier, Oakeshott, Kingmaker scabbards
Page 1 of 1 Reply to topic