Reenactment combat in first person; Vinter 2011, Norway
This was filmed by one of our swedish friends during a training event last weekend. We had about 150 fighters, light snow, and all round good times!

http://vimeo.com/19942499

Last edited by Elling Polden on Tue 15 Feb, 2011 11:15 am; edited 1 time in total
Wow.

Now I want to go to Sweden. Nice kit, nice atmosphere, and well done!
It's in Norway.
But still ;)
Nice video, and very interesting camera angles!

Makes me want to go to Sweden too! ;)
reenactment video
that was cool! I loved all the different angles, especially the shots when the camera was on the weapons :D This has inspired me to do the same with my reenactment group ;)

Thanks for sharing!
This, cool as it is, doesn't make me want to go to Norway... Because I've wanted to go to Norway for a long time. :p ;)
Blaz Berlec wrote:
Nice video, and very interesting camera angles!

Makes me want to go to Sweden too! ;)

Makes me want to go to Denmark too ..... Whaaaaaaat !?. ;) :p ( Might as well get it even more wrong. :lol: Also joking obviously ).
I'd love to go to Ireland too!

(Just to beat the dead horse some more...)

That was pretty interesting. Took me a minute to understand why people were just up and wandering off, was expecting them to fall down as with some other reenactment groups.

Noticed a few things that looked like historical techniques being used. One guy did something that looked very much like a sword and buckler play if I'm not mistaken. Interesting.

That being said, I've been watching too much video gameplay footage on Youtube. I was mentally going "Ah, he hit the A button, switched weapons... Ooops, bit off more than he could chew. Respawn... Dang, he's dead again... Hey, he found an axe."

The FPS perspective is a neat way to film this stuff. People should do more. (Maybe I'll rig up something for my camera when I do Parkour...)
A lot people without helmets in that video, so are head shots allowed?

Like the perspective of the 1st person, could really get a good look at some of the kits people have.
Roderic; the target area is thighs, torso and upper arms for cuts, torso for thrusts; a headshot earns a disqualification.
All hits within the target area count, to keep things simple.

Colt; Some of the guys also do WMA; However, the rules of the game excludes a lot of techniques, though the principles remain.
Also, I33 shows few defenses against polearms :P

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: