Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

lol
Its an arrangement of armour.

J

Last edited by Jen Miilu on Wed 05 Oct, 2011 1:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Thanks for keeping us up to date Jen.

Obv don't want to give anything away of course, that would spoil the fun.

Three out of ten isn't that bad I guess :lol:

And good luck to your man!

Oh, and if you meet an Australian called Phillip, tell him Sam says "Hi!".

Still, not bolting a helm to the breast plate/cuirass... Hm. Okay if one is used to that sort of sport I guess, but for people who may have never done it before that seems like a bit of an OH&S issue... Wait, OH&S in jousting? Pfft *laughs*
I wonder, who exactly pays for the hospital and possibly following disabilities?
Post text removed temporarily at Jen's request.

Last edited by Jeffrey Hedgecock on Thu 06 Oct, 2011 9:05 am; edited 1 time in total
Is this a trick to save money?
Offer a big prize and lots of noobs will try to get it, instead of investing more into a professional crew working on a script. So you get guys really fighting, who aren't trained stuntmen and will probably hurt each other badly, adding additional drama. Reality TV showing all American guys trying to be knights.
Well that's interesting. I applied to the program myself, but didn't follow through because I didn't know what I didn't know and had no idea how to go about making an informed decision about what I was getting myself into. the above two posts show me I probably made the right choice.
Post text removed temporarily at Jen's request.

Last edited by Jeffrey Hedgecock on Thu 06 Oct, 2011 9:06 am; edited 1 time in total
It is such a shame that they didn't go the extra mile it could have been a very good program. Are there any images released of the armour that will be worn.
hurry and tune in to your local Nat Geo TV station 1 hour till the airing of this program
Actually,

The NGC show is the Knights of Mayhem, while the Full Metal Jousting mentioned in this thread is the History Channel.

http://www.channelguidemagblog.com/index.php/...ity-trend/

However, The History Channel has been running spots for Knights of Mayhem, so the confusion may be easy..

The Fight Book show is running again tonight as well but I am busy with other activities.

Cheers

GC
Ahh two different shows, well that is defintly a good thing, anyone know when the one on the history channel will be airing?
i was confused as well when i saw the previews earlier in the week (and i've been at work so much i didn't come back here to check the thread) my comments on mayhem i have posted on another thread.

actually this is the one i and many of us seem to have been waiting for (full metal jousting) it almost like nat geo got wind of historys channels discovery and jumped to this other stuff.
Ladies and gentlemen!
It doesn't look as bad as I thought it would. :lol:
It certainly looks like "modern sport" style armour. But I guess the ascetic works in the context.
Now this doesn't look like the "other one", which is already a boon.

Why am I thinking this could be a movie with Arnold Schwarzenegger?

Attachment: 17.24 KB
378546_10150441860681012_625221011_8965215_1135088103_n.jpg
Posted with permission.
Thank you Jeremy!

http://insidetv.ew.com/2012/01/04/full-metal-jousting/
Cheers Lloyd,

I heard an Australian accent.
And then I saw Rod Walker.
Whelp. I know who I'm voting for.

Iron Man on a horse. :lol:
Iron Man jousing!
Here's the history Channels website for it if anyone is interested.

http://www.history.com/shows/full-metal-jousting

I was just reading the bios on some of the competitors.
Interesting. And one of them does HEMA too.
Shame there aren't any women, maybe next time though. :D

You people in the States get all the cool stuff.
been waiting and waiting for this since this post started. and stinking rats i'll be on afternoon shift when it starts! they better show plenty of re-runs.

armour, yeah looks a little comic bookish, but i don't care looks alright.
Ehhh...

It looks even less rooted in history then the Knights of Mayhem was... and its on the HISTORY channel! I dunno... I might watch it if I've the time and it ends up being interesting.... but I would love to see some authentic, historical jousting get some air time.
FULL METAL JOUSTING?
Hello all, I am new to this site and I'm wondering if anyone knows who designed the armor for FULL METAL JOUSTING? There is a person on the Discovery forum by the name of AB the Hammer who claims he is a blacksmith and he thinks the armor is very poorly designed and is an embarrassment. and he also thinks people will get hurt cause of the armor. Can anyone please let me know if you know who designed the armor and also is the armor safe?

Thank you Peter
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Page 4 of 6

Jump to: