Go to page Previous  1, 2

Wallace Collection Catalogue
Lloyd Winter wrote:
http://www.wallacecollection.org/shop/books/main-catalogues/european-arms-and-armour-complete-digital-catalogue

for the paltry sum of £175.00

Thanks very much !
Lloyd Winter wrote:
http://www.wallacecollection.org/shop/books/main-catalogues/european-arms-and-armour-complete-digital-catalogue

for the paltry sum of £175.00

That's too bad, as Amazon was selling it for $173 (note currency sign) with free shipping. The exchange rate adds about $100 to Amazon's price and puts it out of my reach. Oh well.
Chad Arnow wrote:
That's too bad, as Amazon was selling it for $173 (note currency sign) with free shipping. The exchange rate adds about $100 to Amazon's price and puts it out of my reach. Oh well.

Yup. I'm very irritated by this. I ponied up the money because I've vowed to myself that I'd put my money where my mouth is and support projects like this, but I'm very unhappy with the way this thing went down.

These types of projects are a great undertaking by museums and institutions and I'd like to see enough people purchase the product to justify doing more large-scale projects like this. I hope that the shipping/pre-order/price increase disaster doesn't dissuade too many potential customers that would have otherwise purchased it.

We want more products like this available and I commend The Wallace Collection for their efforts in making it.
This seems more like an Amazon issue than anything else. They seem to give up easily on some things.
Hi Guys,

Sorry for the very late reply, I just came across the thread. I'm sorry for the trouble people have had getting ahold of the digital catalogue... not the Wallace Collection's fault but it's still irksome.

I hope its all clear now. But if anybody is still having difficulty getting the book or digital catalogue, let me know and we can arrange shipping directly from the Wallace shop. You can buy online and I will personally go down there and make sure it gets out to you.

Also a minor correction- there are actually over 14,000 images on that USB stick. I don't know where the quote of a pathetic 7000 came from!

The reason we switched from DVDs to USB was it was just a lot easier to create higher levels of user interaction, specifically the 'in-game' creation of personal study files of records and images etc.

Best,

Toby
this sounds like an excellent reference tool! especially if you're looking into researching a blade that have on display there like myself (AA73) and can't make a trip out to the museum.

the the amount of images within, it sounds like your almost taking the museum home with you. the only thing better might be a virtual tour.
Honestly, the book with its digital catalog is one of the most amazing publishing projects I've seen come to fruition in a long, long time. I'm not limiting this simply to the arms and armour enthusiast, but saying it's right there at the top for any subject. It's really a stunning accomplishment.
Glad you guys like it! We're working on the Oriental one now...
Tobias Capwell wrote:
Glad you guys like it! We're working on the Oriental one now...

English armor book too, pretty pretty please? :)
You bet! I'm working hard on that at the moment...
fearing a run on this set, i've dispatched my wife to the museum to pick up a copy for me! i don't suppose it's on sale this week... :lol:

but i feel certain that every member of this site has spent far more for far less.
and the armour set will be a boon to an historical fiction project i'm cooking up !
My book and digital collection arrived. A lovely birthday present from my wife. I cracked it open last night and went to bed with the book. I will say the full collection is worth every single penny, the digital catalog is stunning. Sorry about the thread necromancy, but I had been staring at this book for a long time, and want to encourage anyone on the fence about it to JUST DO IT.
I have the book and it's beautifully done. I may have to spring for the USB copy, if it's available separately.
Go to page Previous  1, 2

Page 2 of 2

Jump to: