Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Chad Arnow wrote:
William Swiger wrote:

William,
Your picture is so great, I snagged it to add to the "database" of modern makers' marks. Thanks!

Hrmm, I seem to remember taking that photo ;) (not that it matters...)

Glad to see this sword getting some attention...

Blake
I swiped it off of Google Images. :p
Just now, while drooling over my new beauty...I noticed yet another makers mark! On my Cawood, on the inside upward curve of the hilt, is a very distinct-----"XIII". You guys have it?.........McM
Mark Moore wrote:
Just now, while drooling over my new beauty...I noticed yet another makers mark! On my Cawood, on the inside upward curve of the hilt, is a very distinct-----"XIII". You guys have it?.........McM

There is something like that on mine. IIRC, it is very small and appears scratched/electro penciled in. I wonder if it was used to match pieces or perhaps blade to scabbard.
Can't really say, Ian. The 'XIII' on mine is very distinct and crisp. It appears to be machine made...either that or if hand engraved, done by someone with a VERY steady hand. Damn my compu-illiteracy! I must get educated on taking and posting photos! Still yet another little mystery, I guess. Why do we not know these little things? Is CAS/Hanwei like Area 51 of the sword-making community? :wtf: :lol: ........Only the Shadow knows.......... :lol: ....McM
I have something on mine in the same place but cannot really make out any characters.
Well, whoever took it, it's a great picture of the mark. :)
Well my Cawood arrived today. It is my first Hanwei product and I like it. For just a little more than a Windlass, I got a sword that feels more solidly put together. I like the thick wrap on the grip. The color of the leather on the scabbard is not to my liking though I don't mind it on the grip. I did notice that the blade only goes to the top of the chape on the scabbard leaving a couple inches of empty scabbbard. Not a big deal.
Overall I like it.
I did find that the blade on my Cawood has a bit of a twist to it. It will not lay flat on a table. It twists toward the tip.
Looks good.
if they decrease the price I might bye.
cost in rands?am in SA.(Rand is approx R 10 - R12 to $.)
Greg E wrote:
I did find that the blade on my Cawood has a bit of a twist to it. It will not lay flat on a table. It twists toward the tip.

If it concerns you, you should talk to the seller about it. It might be indicative of a heat treating issue.
Ian Hutchinson wrote:If it concerns you, you should talk to the seller about it. It might be indicative of a heat treating issue.
it is probably that so you should definitely do that ASAP :!:
:!
Sorry to hear about your blade twist, Greg. I'm happy to report that the blade on mine is perfect. Even fullers, great finish, and sharp as a razor for most of its length. The more I hold it, the more I love it. I say, anyone in the sword collecting community that doesn't have one should get one........soon. You'll love it. Mine has now found a home on the wall with the flower and ribbon hairpiece my wife wears to Scarborough Faire around the hilt. Near the front door, of course. This is a weapon, first and foremost, and fast as a Jedi lightsaber. I just halved a two-liter soda bottle full of water with nothing more than a flick of the wrist. Love it, love it, love it!................McM
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Page 3 of 3

Jump to: