Go to page Previous  1, 2

Steve Fabert;

Weapons at the office: Good, a little blow for freedom.
Patrick Kelly wrote:
as the quality increases the size of the collection tends to decrease

Agreed, and looking back I think its better this way. Where the cheeper stuff was fun it never sits right with me and I always move on...
[quote="Steve Grisetti"]
Benjamin McCracken wrote:

It doesn't appear to be on sale anymore. Bummer. The price is listed as $229.95.

Ben

I had noticed that the price increased, but $230 is still well below Hanwei's list price.

True indeed. I've seen the Hanwei Ed III as high as $350 at some places. But like Russ (and a bunch of us for sure), I've handled both the Hanwei and the Arms&Armor versions. As expected, I was awe-struck by the latter even though I handled the Hanwei one first and still thought is was very nice. Since then, A&A's Edward III has been my #1 dream sword. :D -Ted
John McGreevy of "Pieces of History" told me, that the Edward III. is to be discontinued at Hanwei, so you should really think about a purchase.
PoH (a former part Cas Iberia) is the new European distributor of Hanwei (Cas is doing all things in rest of the western world). They will got an own website later this year.

But there is an alternative: MRL is producing the Swords of the Ridley Sott movie "Kingdom of Heaven", and the "Sword of the King" is inspired by the Edward. With an lenght of 42 3/4 ", 33 7/8 " blade and 2 pounds 8 ounces it seems to be somewhat larger, but lighter than Hanwei's Edward III. Suggested retail is 225 $

Thomas

Attachment: 12.91 KB
0500820.jpg

Go to page Previous  1, 2

Page 2 of 2

Jump to: