Go to page Previous  1, 2

I have no idea why anyone would not want that shell. The sword was beautiful to begin with, but that guard really belongs there - it makes the sword look whole and complete in a way it just wasn't before.
You've outdone yourself on this one, Tod. You knocked this one out of the park. Superb work. .......McM
Very nice! It's about my favorite type of sword, besides a nice Hieland Baskethilt (wink, wink). Outdone yourself again!
Thank you everyone and I also think it benefitted from the shell.

A lovely piece to make.

Tod
Oh my, I didn't think it could get any better but you certainly proved me wrong.
Damn impressive Leo!!! The shell really adds a lot to an already rich sword! Well played...
And now it's for sale at Kult of Athena as a pre-owned item.

http://www.kultofathena.com/product.asp?item=...s+Stuff+UK
Simply stunning! Love me a short single edged blade. This goes in the memory bank for sure. Bravo Tod!
Roger Hooper wrote:
And now it's for sale at Kult of Athena as a pre-owned item.

http://www.kultofathena.com/product.asp?item=...s+Stuff+UK

For anyone who missed this, it's still available at KoA.
My passion in reproductions is first Migration age and second Viking age swords. That being said I think this is one of the best reproductions I have ever seen. There are so many adjectives that could be used for this:

Well executed; yes, this is a good example of a historical prototype.

Lovely; The over all look of the piece is really pleasing. The combination of a very robust blade with delicate features of the hilt marries two different ides perfectly

Business like; for all its aesthetic qualities there is no doubt what this is about, it is not a tool, this is a weapon. and one that hypothetically speaking would brutally efficient in the execution of its duties.

Sexy; (small joke) it has a little bit of steel lace over some lovely skin with just the right amount of restrained embellishment to remain classy.

At the right time and right place it would be lovely to take out on a date, promenade around town and finally take home for a night cap, or maybe just out in the afternoon for a cup of coffee or chi.

Really well done Tod.
Amazing piece of work, Todd! You have incredible attention to detail!

:cool:
Another piece of art. Congrats! awesome work!!!!!
Go to page Previous  1, 2

Page 2 of 2

Jump to: