Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > Off-topic Talk > Meeting with Eric McHugh and Peter Johnsson Reply to topic
This is a standard topic Go to page Previous  1, 2 
Björn Hellqvist
myArmoury Alumni

myArmoury Alumni

PostPosted: Sat 11 Oct, 2003 4:55 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Here's some evidence that Eric actually performs some work, and not just amusing himself at the expense of his employers Wink Peter and Eric are measuring a nice early 17th century rapier in the Royal Armoury. The study room is in the south-east wing of the Royal Palace in Stockholm.

Attachment: 19.24 KB
PnEatRA.jpg

Eric McHugh
Industry Professional

PostPosted: Sun 12 Oct, 2003 8:01 am    Post subject: Just for you...mainly...         Reply with quote

Hey Mac,

Ya know, I'm not much of a basket-hilt guy, but I thought "I better take some pix of some basket-hilts for Mac." Unfortunately, I am on Peter's computer so I don't have the time to learn his software to resize them. So, you will have to wait till I'm back in the states. I will forward them to you and you can post them. I believe I photographed 4 basket-hilts...they all were excellent, but one was very stunning. I know you will enjoy them. So, sorry for now, but be assured, I did not forget about you. Happy

Find me on Facebook, or check out my blog. Contact me at eric@crownforge.net or ericmycue374@comcast.net if you want to talk about a commission or discuss an available piece.
Thomas McDonald
myArmoury Alumni

myArmoury Alumni

PostPosted: Sun 12 Oct, 2003 9:06 am    Post subject: Re: Just for you...mainly...         Reply with quote

Eric McHugh wrote:
Hey Mac,

Ya know, I'm not much of a basket-hilt guy, but I thought "I better take some pix of some basket-hilts for Mac." Unfortunately, I am on Peter's computer so I don't have the time to learn his software to resize them. So, you will have to wait till I'm back in the states. I will forward them to you and you can post them. I believe I photographed 4 basket-hilts...they all were excellent, but one was very stunning. I know you will enjoy them. So, sorry for now, but be assured, I did not forget about you. Happy

Many thanks , Eric 'ol buddy ..... I owe you one ( or is it two :-) !
I look forward to them , and all your adventures !

Slàinte , Mac

'Gott Bewahr Die Oprechte Schotten'
XX ANDRIA XX FARARA XX
Mac's PictureTrail
Thomas McDonald
myArmoury Alumni

myArmoury Alumni

PostPosted: Sun 12 Oct, 2003 1:33 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Hi gang

Eric was able to send me the baskethilt pic's he took, so I will start a new thread on the Historical Forum and post them there!

Thanks very much Eric ...... you da man ! Mac

'Gott Bewahr Die Oprechte Schotten'
XX ANDRIA XX FARARA XX
Mac's PictureTrail
Eric McHugh
Industry Professional

PostPosted: Wed 15 Oct, 2003 10:17 am    Post subject: All good things must come to an end         Reply with quote

Well, it is my last night in Sweden. It has been an amazing time. We have documented so many swords my head is still spinning. I really appreciate Peter and Inger's hospitality. They are truly kind and giving people. I also want to thank Björn and Titi for the companionship in Stockholm. They were part historians, tour guides, and translators. Add to this fact that their baby is cute as a button. Titi is in trouble because the little prince is a little Björn (two Viking warriors in the same home...oh my!). Thank you!

Just wanted to drop you all a line to let you know I will be back in the states on Thursday night.

Best,

Eric

Find me on Facebook, or check out my blog. Contact me at eric@crownforge.net or ericmycue374@comcast.net if you want to talk about a commission or discuss an available piece.
Björn Hellqvist
myArmoury Alumni

myArmoury Alumni

PostPosted: Wed 15 Oct, 2003 2:31 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Have a safe trip back! It was fun meeting you, despite you being an evil Albionite Wink Razz I'm glad your trip was a success, and that the knowledge you acquired will be put to good use. Titti and Kalle says hi! See you next time!
Eric McHugh
Industry Professional

PostPosted: Fri 17 Oct, 2003 5:16 am    Post subject: Home safe again!!!         Reply with quote

Home at last. Good to see the kids and the wife.

Now to analyze the fruits of our labor. Oh ya, almost forgot, and begin more evil activities.

Patrick Kelly

Reading list: 42 books

Spotlight topics: 2

PostPosted: Fri 17 Oct, 2003 6:31 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Welcome back Eric. I'm glad you had a safe trip across the pond. It's always good to get home, eh?

Forum Index > Off-topic Talk > Meeting with Eric McHugh and Peter Johnsson
Page 2 of 2 Reply to topic
Go to page Previous  1, 2 All times are GMT - 8 Hours

View previous topic :: View next topic
Jump to: