Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > Historical Arms Talk > What's on your list for 2015? Reply to topic
This is a standard topic Go to page Previous  1, 2 
Aaron Hoard

PostPosted: Tue 16 Dec, 2014 9:56 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Maybe I need to add an Eric McHugh axe to my list...
Glen A Cleeton

PostPosted: Tue 16 Dec, 2014 10:21 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Eagle pommel swords, of course but I am eying rapiers and other possibles. I may have spotted my next sword.

What I really need to accomplish next year is consolidating some files such as this eagle pommel (and some others) image bank. Some hundreds of examples in a state of chaos from the past decade or so. I am juggling too many drives.
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B9AOFMA8y3ODRHZJOXJ4dG5tYWs&usp=sharing

Books and a modern camera are also on the list. Never enough books.

Cheers

GC
Henrik Granlid

PostPosted: Wed 17 Dec, 2014 5:24 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

A globose breastplate and updated and improved limb defenses are guaranteed "gets" so to speak, I will finally have it and it will fit!

I'm looking into getting chainmail as well, lots of rings to turn into voiders and a skirt to sew onto my arming garment.

My wishf purchase, if I find the money, will be from Sartor, about five feet of their red and silver peacocks & griffins cloth of silk to turn into a mid 14th century surcotte.

And well, that one thing I really want that I cannot get? A good pair of greaves, I just don't have that kind of money.
William M

Reading list: 7 books

PostPosted: Wed 17 Dec, 2014 5:38 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Hmm, well I wouldn't mind owning a gladius again, but really I need to be selling off my collection not adding to it. Sad
J. Nicolaysen

PostPosted: Wed 17 Dec, 2014 6:08 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Quote:
Maybe I need to add an Eric McHugh axe to my list...

Laughing Out Loud Just when you think you have a plan, right? After seeing your other post, I was reminded that Neil's bronze swords could really derail me.

Quote:
Never enough books.
So true.
Gordon Alexander

PostPosted: Wed 17 Dec, 2014 8:29 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Going to go pick up a variation (cosmetic) on the English loop hilt small sword at A&A. It is already waiting for me, but I probably can't get there until after the new year even though I usually (lately) only live about 20 miles away.
Edward Lee

PostPosted: Wed 17 Dec, 2014 9:46 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

I hope I can get a very elaborated 16th century breastplate with deep globus shape.
Bryan Heff

PostPosted: Wed 17 Dec, 2014 11:07 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

I have my eye on several things actually..not sure if any of them will actually be purchased but maybe one of them. I am super fixated on hexagon cross section sword types lately and since recently becoming the owner of a Sempach and also lucky enough to handle a Tyrolean recently.....that fixation has grown.

1 - Albion Gallowglass
2 - Albion Condottiere

Also been trying to scratch the XI type itch...so am trying to make that happen but none of what is currently out there in the production market is exactly what I am looking for, so perhaps some sort of custom.

Various other Albions and A&As are also on the list but would be opportunity purchases if I come across one in the 2nd hand market.

The church is near but the roads are icy. The tavern is far but I will walk carefully. - Russian Proverb
Max L

PostPosted: Wed 17 Dec, 2014 3:02 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

I commissioned Jeff Helmes for a 28" PW blade based off of the Anglo Saxon Gilliing West sword. I plan on getting it hilted by someone else (Yeshua, maybe?) in either a Type D migration period or Type L Saxon. First big custom project I've ever done.
William Swiger

Reading list: 9 books

PostPosted: Thu 18 Dec, 2014 1:31 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

I don't have a rapier in my collection. Other than what I already have on hand and a few already on order, the rapier is the only addition I can think of adding in 2015.
Non Timebo Mala
William P

PostPosted: Thu 18 Dec, 2014 6:18 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

im thinking some books

mostly ones to further my studies of the byzantines, as well as probably dan's bronze age warfare book.

and this, just as a small christmas gift to myself http://www.medieval-fightclub.com/products/Re...model.html
Sam Barris

PostPosted: Thu 18 Dec, 2014 10:30 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Scabbards. I have an A&A rapier and sidesword that are shamefully un-attired. I may also put in a pre-order for an Albion Capo Ferro. Otherwise, 2015 may be the year I trim my collection a bit to focus my interests a bit more narrowly.
Pax,
Sam Barris

"Any nation that draws too great a distinction between its scholars and its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards, and its fighting done by fools." —Thucydides
Mark Moore

Reading list: 1 book

PostPosted: Thu 18 Dec, 2014 11:04 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Full suit of plate and maille........yeah baby!...... Big Grin .............mcm
''Life is like a box of chocolates...'' --- F. Gump
Roger Hooper

Spotlight topics: 4

PostPosted: Thu 18 Dec, 2014 11:44 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Sam Barris wrote:
I may also put in a pre-order for an Albion Capo Ferro.

Do you have any indication from Albion about when that sword might be available? You may have a long wait.
Sam Barris

PostPosted: Fri 19 Dec, 2014 3:17 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Roger Hooper wrote:
Do you have any indication from Albion about when that sword might be available? You may have a long wait.

No idea. But I'm not in a hurry, and every Albion I have (even the ones I'm getting ready to sell) have been well worth the wait. Happy

Pax,
Sam Barris

"Any nation that draws too great a distinction between its scholars and its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards, and its fighting done by fools." —Thucydides
Roger Hooper

Spotlight topics: 4

PostPosted: Fri 18 Dec, 2015 10:08 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Since I just started a thread about planned 2016 acquisitions, I thought it would be interesting to see how our plans from last year (2015) panned out.

I said, I did have an idea to get Baltimore Knife and Sword to make a stage combat longsword with some distal taper on the blade, but that probably won't happen.

It did happen. BKS made this sword for me last year. Sadly, I'm not that happy with its looks and balance. I should have gotten a Maestro instead.

Attachment: 94.09 KB
bksfish12s.jpg

Glen A Cleeton

PostPosted: Fri 18 Dec, 2015 12:12 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Glen A Cleeton wrote:
Eagle pommel swords, of course but I am eying rapiers and other possibles. I may have spotted my next sword.

What I really need to accomplish next year is consolidating some files such as this eagle pommel (and some others) image bank. Some hundreds of examples in a state of chaos from the past decade or so. I am juggling too many drives.
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B9AOFMA8y3ODRHZJOXJ4dG5tYWs&usp=sharing

Books and a modern camera are also on the list. Never enough books.

Cheers

GC

I did adopt another eagle pommel this year and a proto rapier. A couple of books and too many old knives took the rest of the budget. I got next to nothing done on file work. I had replied to a "best of 2015" thread over at SFI
http://www.swordforum.com/forums/showthread.p...st-of-2015

Cheers

GC
J. Nicolaysen

PostPosted: Tue 22 Dec, 2015 6:38 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Quote:
I have a couple of scabbards from A&A in the works. Like Mark, I think now a sword looks naked without one, and I think they will do a great job. One is for an Irish Sword I found here, and the other will be a surprise, for a nice weapon I found here also.

Certainly some other things but I will have to take some time. An Albion Knecht or Soldat, a seax from one of two great makers, a helmet, perhaps a francisca. Not really a theme other than what I really really want for xmas.

My scabbards got pushed back to 2016. A Knecht is pushed back to 2016. I did get a helmet and am on wait list for another.

I wanted a seax from Owen Bush and Tod, or Bush and Petr Florianek, but I guess everyone was busy. But I found a great one from George Ezell!

Wanted another bronze sword from Neil, but it didn't work out this year.

I was able to get on some waiting lists for other scabbards. I got some nice things from Maciej K, Tomek K and a Black Prince and a Del TIn Migration Era. And a Albion Gallowglass. Those are my prizes. I certainly can't complain though it was very different than what I thought the year might go.
Carl W.

PostPosted: Wed 23 Dec, 2015 3:27 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Roger Hooper wrote:
Since I just started a thread about planned 2016 acquisitions, I thought it would be interesting to see how our plans from last year (2015) panned out.
Good idea. Perhaps this should be an annual event in dark December?

I did not post a plan as nothing firm. If I had would have said watch for a small or medium axe, a seax or knife or 2, if moons align maybe a sword. As it turned out, got an axe & a dirk from Scott Roush (pics vanished from first topic & appears could again so re-pasted a pic each from Scott's website)...
http://myArmoury.com/talk/viewtopic.php?t=31521
http://myArmoury.com/talk/viewtopic.php?t=32384
I like both.

Attachment: 248.69 KB
[ Download ]

Attachment: 140.95 KB
[ Download ]
David Wilson

PostPosted: Wed 23 Dec, 2015 4:33 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Well, I intended on nothing new. Ended up with a Valiant Armoury Crusader and a Michael Pikula Type G single-edge Viking sword... so there ya go....
David K. Wilson, Jr.
Laird of Glencoe

Now available on Amazon: Franklin Posner's "Suburban Vampire: A Tale of the Human Condition -- With Vampires" https://www.amazon.com/dp/B072N7Y591

Forum Index > Historical Arms Talk > What's on your list for 2015?
Page 2 of 2 Reply to topic
Go to page Previous  1, 2 All times are GMT - 8 Hours

View previous topic :: View next topic
Jump to: