Go to page 1, 2  Next

Custom Messer: It's a done deal!
I placed my order with A&A for a 'peasant's/commoner's messer.'

Let me just say that Craig was very EXCELLENT to work with!!!

For the curious, here is the concept sketch from Craig-

Attachment: 10.33 KB
Messer01.jpg

Re: It's a done deal!
Matthew D M wrote:
I placed my order with A&A for a 'peasant's/commoner's messer.'

Let me just say that Craig was very EXCELLENT to work with!!!

For the curious, here is the concept sketch from Craig-

Congratuations and keep us informed as it progresses and obviously when you get it.

And I'm not surprised. :cool: ( Craig was very EXCELLENT to work with!!! )

Great looking drawing. :D
Awesome, Matthew! I've often considered commissioning a messer from A&A. That concept sketch looks fantastic!
Wow! Looks good. Make sure you post pics when it's done!
Interested in seeing how it turns out!
Joe Fults wrote:
Interested in seeing how it turns out!

Likewise! :D
I'll be excited to see the finished piece. I'm happy that you went this route.
Hey, the concept looks great! I look forward to seeing it in steel.
Steve Grisetti wrote:
Hey, the concept looks great! I look forward to seeing it in steel.

So do I! It'll be a bit since I have a few other orders out. :D

Again, Craig was great. I told him my general idea and dimensions and let him take care of the rest!
Well, Matt...someone has a taste for a heavy cutter! Congrats!
Matthew D M wrote:
Again, Craig was great. I told him my general idea and dimensions and let him take care of the rest!

A smart idea! Craig's a heck of a nice (and knowledgable) guy and I'm sure you'll be blown away by the final product. :)
Matthew,

OK . Now I'm jealous. We've seen the general idea in the concept art. Are the dimensions a state secret? Be sure to share all the stats when you get it. Delivery time?
Very nice :)
Messers of all kinds are among my favourite no-nonsense weapons. I really like the cross-guard with the knobbed ends. Reminds me of a certain woodcut ;)
Will the blade feature a clipped point?
Wolfgang Armbruster wrote:
Very nice :)
Messers of all kinds are among my favourite no-nonsense weapons. I really like the cross-guard with the knobbed ends. Reminds me of a certain woodcut ;)
Will the blade feature a clipped point?

That's the woodcut illustration I showed Craig, and I think he will do a faithful rendition of it. No clip point.

W. R. Reynolds wrote:
Are the dimensions a state secret?

I asked for a 28" blade (if I hold it point down, by my side, there is should be a bit of clearence) with a 10" handle and 8" crossguard. Stained ash slabs with copper rivets. Steel pommel and crossguard. 6150 blade with a textured finish similar to this-

[ Linked Image ]
looks cool
It will be interesting to see how it turns out, congrats on the special order, I have had the pleasure of having Arms and Armor do several items for me in the past and never once been disappointed. I have only seen them do a single edge blade like that before, let us all know what you think of it.
Matthew D M wrote:
with a textured finish similar to this-

Very nice choice! I think that finish will come out beautifully with this style!
That finish should be nice!
Guys,

Would it be too far fetched to add a side knife and pick to this piece, historically speaking? Would that be viable to a peasant/commoner?
Why not consider a dagger like the rondel? Another good choice would be a baselard.
Craig Peters wrote:
Why not consider a dagger like the rondel? Another good choice would be a baselard.

I'm looking for something that can be housed within the same sheath as the sword, like this-

[ Linked Image ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next

Page 1 of 2

Jump to: