Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > Historical Arms Talk > Inquiry about A&A English Longsword Reply to topic
This is a standard topic  
Phil D.

Reading list: 56 books

PostPosted: Fri 18 Feb, 2005 1:17 pm    Post subject: Inquiry about A&A English Longsword         Reply with quote

I have some interest in the A&A English Longsword.I know that a few people here own or have owned this sword.I would appreciate any feedback as to how it handles,etc.

Thanks
Roger Hooper

Spotlight topics: 4

PostPosted: Fri 18 Feb, 2005 1:50 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

There has been surprisingly little discussion about this sword. Here is one thread that might help a bit - http://www.myArmoury.com/talk/viewtopic.php?t...+longsword

Nathan sold one here in the classifieds last October.
Nathan Robinson
myArmoury Admin

myArmoury Admin

PostPosted: Fri 18 Feb, 2005 1:57 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

It's a really excellent sword with extremely unique dynamic properties for a replica of this type. The most unique thing about this sword, for a replica, is the point of rotation is extremely close to the tip. This is not dissimilar to the A&A German Bastard Sword, the Albion Svante sword, or even the Albion Regent. Don't confuse that statement: these swords are not similar to one another overall, but they do share the quality of a point of rotation near the tip. This makes these swords all have extremely precise point control that might not be expected from swords having these proportions.

The A&A "English longsword" is beautiful, too, having the subtle shaping that might be expected from an authentic piece and often overlooked in modern-made replicas.

.:. Visit my Collection Gallery :: View my Reading List :: View my Wish List :: See Pages I Like :: Find me on Facebook .:.
Gordon Clark

Reading list: 1 book

Spotlight topics: 1

PostPosted: Fri 18 Feb, 2005 3:48 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

I have one and I really like the sword. If you don't have an "all around" sword in your collection this is a good one. Can be used one handed or 2, blade is probably narrow enough for half swording, but wide enough to be a pretty decent cutter. As Nathan mentioned, good point control.

I don;t think it really excells in any one performance category, but it scores well in all.
Plus it is really pretty!

Gordon

Forum Index > Historical Arms Talk > Inquiry about A&A English Longsword
Page 1 of 1 Reply to topic