Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > Historical Arms Talk > Armour class 16th century hand and a half sword? Reply to topic
This is a standard topic  
Mike Capanelli

Reading list: 5 books

PostPosted: Mon 07 Mar, 2005 7:11 pm    Post subject: Armour class 16th century hand and a half sword?         Reply with quote

hello all. I've been eyeing up the Armour class 16th century hand and a half for some time and am about ready to buy it. I would love some opinions on this sword. it seems pretty well put together, and the price is right. I would love to know how it handles, how it cuts. has anyone used a rebated version to spar? any insights you all could give me would be very helpful.
Chad Arnow
myArmoury Team

myArmoury Team

PostPosted: Mon 07 Mar, 2005 7:16 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Mike,
This was moved to the Historical Arms Talk forum, which is for:

"Discussions of historic reproduction and authentic arms and armour from various cultures and time periods."

Happy

ChadA

http://chadarnow.com/
Nathan Robinson
myArmoury Admin

myArmoury Admin

PostPosted: Mon 07 Mar, 2005 11:06 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Using the search tool reveals this: http://www.myArmoury.com/talk/viewtopic.php?t=1089

Mine had rebated edges and I liked it quite a bit as I mention in the above topic. Of the sharps I've seen/handled from Armour Class, none were particularly stallar cutters (not that they were bad).

.:. Visit my Collection Gallery :: View my Reading List :: View my Wish List :: See Pages I Like :: Find me on Facebook .:.
Folkert van Wijk

Reading list: 2 books

PostPosted: Tue 08 Mar, 2005 3:27 am    Post subject: Re: Armour class 16th century hand and a half sword?         Reply with quote

Mike Capanelli wrote:
hello all. I've been eyeing up the Armour class 16th century hand and a half for some time and am about ready to buy it. I would love some opinions on this sword. it seems pretty well put together, and the price is right. I would love to know how it handles, how it cuts. has anyone used a rebated version to spar? any insights you all could give me would be very helpful.

That makes two of us Mike.

Alltough I am most likely not (jet) going to spar with it, I deffinatly would like to use it for practizing my two months old longsword skills with!!
Based up on the postes Nathan allready mensioned above,I can hartly wait to be able to feel what it is using something else than a wasser to do these moves. Big Grin

Folkert.

A good sword will only be sharp, in the hands of a wise man…

I am great fan of everything Celtic BC, including there weapons.
Gary Grzybek

PostPosted: Tue 08 Mar, 2005 5:42 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Hello Mike and Folkert,

I bought Nathan's AC Bastard Sword from him a while back. My intended purpose for this sword was for WMA practice and for that it has served me quite well. My study group partners have been slowly weening off of wooden trainers and begun using steel blunts. Not that we will abandon wood altogether but there's just no substitute for the feel and handling of steel, not even aluminum. The AC is hefty in weight but the balance makes it feel very light. The thick cross section combined with a narrow profile allows for safe and controlled free play. The blade is quite flexible and appears soft in the temper but I've experienced no bends or deep nicks so far. In my search for a good solid steel trainer this sword has definately filled the niche.

I highly recommend it Big Grin

Gary Grzybek
ARMA Northern N.J.
www.armastudy.org

Forum Index > Historical Arms Talk > Armour class 16th century hand and a half sword?
Page 1 of 1 Reply to topic