Baskethitls with curved blades........
I've been trying to learn more on baskethilts lately. The different types and styles, and the blade styles common for these hilts.

However, one thing is still unclear to me.

Which types of baskethilts are most seen on curved blades, and is their a certain period when curved blades are seen more then usual on baskethilts??
Here's an old thread over at SFI that might interest you - http://forums.swordforum.com/showthread.php?s...ilt+curved
Thanks Roger, that one went straight into the favorites. :)
Thomas Hoogendam wrote:

Hi Thomas

I just tried the saber blade with the Eljay English Baskethilt {R Hooper's}, the Eljay German Baskethilt {Nathan's}, and a Schiavonna hilt laying here, as well as a sidesword hilt......

The damn blade went with them all, naturally. Felt better in the two Eljay baskets than the other blades that have been in them so far.......

Until trying this blade, I'd leaned towards either a light backsword for my own some day, or a light three fullered "broadsword" blade. But its going to be this saber blade now............
Angus Trim wrote:
Thomas Hoogendam wrote:

Hi Thomas

I just tried the saber blade with the Eljay English Baskethilt {R Hooper's}, the Eljay German Baskethilt {Nathan's}, and a Schiavonna hilt laying here, as well as a sidesword hilt......

The damn blade went with them all, naturally. Felt better in the two Eljay baskets than the other blades that have been in them so far.......

Until trying this blade, I'd leaned towards either a light backsword for my own some day, or a light three fullered "broadsword" blade. But its going to be this saber blade now............

Angus, stop teasing me. :p

I'd love to one day order an Eljay hilt with a curved blade from you, but I want to research first, making sure I don't end with a basket and blade that shouldn't be together, historically speaking.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: