Go to page Previous  1, 2

Thomas McDonald wrote:
Congratulations, Stephen !

That will look awesome next to your VE Type Z ..... now you just need a VE axe & shield to go with 'em ;-)

I guess this counts as another VE blade for you, and another pattern welded one to boot !
Man, I think your seriously out to win this competition ..... Grrrrr !

;-) Mac

Thanks, Mac.

Funny I was saying something similar the other day. On my way to a fully kitted out Viking...or a Hauscarl.

I guess the race is getting more interesting. That's what...6 swords, 1 spear and 3 knives for me, and what's the count now for you?

You do realize that I have the advantage of no wife and kid...just a large dog. :cool:
Stephen wrote:
You do realize that I have the advantage of no wife and kid...just a large dog.

Think of the money you'd save by getting rid of the dog!

A man has to have his priorities.
Patrick Kelly wrote:
Watch the shadows Stephen. :p

Yeah! Boyos shadows :D
Stephen S. Han wrote:
I guess the race is getting more interesting. That's what...6 swords, 1 spear and 3 knives for me, and what's the count now for you?

Hi Steve
7 swords, 3 dirks, 2 sgians, and 4 knives (although the 4 knives were gifts so I dunno if they count ?)

Quote:
You do realize that I have the advantage of no wife and kid...just a large dog. :cool:

Plus you have that professional, highly educated, dress-real-dapper-Dan, career of yours .....
I'm just an old 'School of hard knocks' Land-scrape-r ;-)

Mac
Patrick Kelly wrote:
Stephen wrote:
You do realize that I have the advantage of no wife and kid...just a large dog.

Think of the money you'd save by getting rid of the dog!

A man has to have his priorities.

No can do. Dog's my Chief of Security.

Attachment: 37.3 KB
derfel1.jpg

Thomas McDonald wrote:
Stephen S. Han wrote:

Hi Steve
7 swords, 3 dirks, 2 sgians, and 4 knives (although the 4 knives were gifts so I dunno if they count ?)

Quote:

Plus you have that professional, highly educated, dress-real-dapper-Dan, career of yours .....
I'm just an old 'School of hard knocks' Land-scrape-r ;-)

Mac

My apologies. 6 swords, 1 spear, 1 dirk and 3 knives.

Professional, yes. Overeducated, yes. Well-dressed...okay if you insist. :lol:

Just know that sharp-n-pointies are not my only high-priced hobby.

4 knives as gifts, eh? Yes, they count.

You know, I should get back to topic at hand.

I haven't asked Vince where the design inspiration came from. I'll ask now, and report back on the response. Perhaps, if we are lucky, we can be treated to the picture of the original.[/b]
Stephen do you plan to put this one on a shaft or leave it as is?
Patrick,

A friend of mine is a carpenter. I am already in discussion with him as far as appropriate wood. Ash, I think, though I am open to suggestions. He can turn the shaft to whatever dimention I want. We're also discussing appropriate stain for the spear. I suppose I actually have to have the spear head in hand before I can see what really looks good.
It's here!!!
Picked up the spearhead from the post office yesterday.

Brief impression:

As many of you are well aware, Vince Evans pieces are far more impressive in person than in photographs, and this one is no exception. I am not sure if the photos show, but the blade has differing patterns. According to Vince: The blade is made up of five components with the center being the tip of the socket, which is a very fine damascus. The cutting edges are
256 layer random pattern, the twist bars are 32 layer alternating twist. Unbelievably beautiful.

Comes with simple but elegant black leather sheath for the blade, and a mounting pin 1/8 inch in diameter.

Some Dimentions:

Overall Length: 14 inches

Blade Length: 8 1/8 inches

Width at the widest point: 2 inches

Thickness: .35 inches

Socket Diameter (inside dimention at the opening): .86 inches

Socket Diameter (outside at the thickest point): 1.2 inches

Will get it mounted and then will borrow a digital camera and post pics.
Darn it man! I'm not seeing any additional pictures! Oh did I mention you are one lucky &^%&%&%&%& ?!? :)
Go to page Previous  1, 2

Page 2 of 2

Jump to: