Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > Historical Arms Talk > Albion at 2005 Blade Show Reply to topic
This is a standard topic  
James Williams
Industry Professional

PostPosted: Mon 06 Jun, 2005 1:53 pm    Post subject: Albion at 2005 Blade Show         Reply with quote

Gentlemen,

I stopped by the Albion booth at the Blade Show and was very impressed by the balance of their swords. As one who uses swords daily, both Japanese and western, several of their swords really came alive in my hand. I have not handled any of their blades in over a year and a half and the new generation handle extremely well. I decided to buy a knightly sword as it fit me the best, this was after fondling most of the blades that they had with them. I am going to do some extensive cutting with it and will make both the feedback and the video available for those who might be interested.

Regards,

James

James Williams
Bugei Trading Company
Surefire Institute
Dojo of the Four Winds.com
Aaron Schnatterly

Reading list: 67 books

Spotlight topics: 1

PostPosted: Mon 06 Jun, 2005 2:01 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

James-

I was present for a lot of the handling and involved in these discussions. I appreciated the opportunity to meet you, to discuss the swords and the sword-body interaction with you. I'm sure the Knight will serve you well, and look very much to seeing the videos and hearing your impressions.

Thanks again for sharing!

-Aaron Schnatterly

Fortior Qui Se Vincit
(He is stronger who conquers himself.)
Allen W

PostPosted: Mon 06 Jun, 2005 2:05 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

I'm interested.
Nathan Robinson
myArmoury Admin

myArmoury Admin

PostPosted: Mon 06 Jun, 2005 3:05 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

I was also shocked and impressed with the Knight. This was one of the few models of Next Gens I had not seen before. Fantastic choice, James.
.:. Visit my Collection Gallery :: View my Reading List :: View my Wish List :: See Pages I Like :: Find me on Facebook .:.
James Williams
Industry Professional

PostPosted: Mon 06 Jun, 2005 3:29 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Nathan,

It was good to see you at the Blade Show. As you know I was very taken with several of Albions swords and enjoyed working them in back. The world of western swords and martial arts is really moving along and it is good to see.

Take Care,

James

James Williams
Bugei Trading Company
Surefire Institute
Dojo of the Four Winds.com
Patrick Kelly

Reading list: 42 books

Spotlight topics: 2

PostPosted: Mon 06 Jun, 2005 4:13 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

As I said at the time James, you're going to be impressed by the Knight. It's an excellent sword.

This sword is the 1911 pistol or '98 Mauser rifle of the sword world. Like those other weapons it's just "right".

"In valor there is hope.".................. Tacitus
Chris Lampe

PostPosted: Mon 06 Jun, 2005 4:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Albion at 2005 Blade Show         Reply with quote

James Williams wrote:
Gentlemen,

I stopped by the Albion booth at the Blade Show and was very impressed by the balance of their swords. As one who uses swords daily, both Japanese and western, several of their swords really came alive in my hand. I have not handled any of their blades in over a year and a half and the new generation handle extremely well. I decided to buy a knightly sword as it fit me the best, this was after fondling most of the blades that they had with them. I am going to do some extensive cutting with it and will make both the feedback and the video available for those who might be interested.

Regards,

James

I love your Nam ryu Iai Jutsu DVD and would love to see you do some cutting with the Knightly Sword.
George Hill

PostPosted: Tue 07 Jun, 2005 1:45 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

I've been looking at one of those my self... They are just gorgous. But the Knight or the Squire? I like both so much...
To abandon your shield is the basest of crimes. - --Tacitus on Germania
Thomas Hoogendam

Reading list: 8 books

PostPosted: Tue 07 Jun, 2005 9:40 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Guys, knock it off!!! I've ordered a Knight a week ago, and am trying NOT to think about it, otherwise I might go nuts with antisipation. Big Grin

Mr. Williams, I for one would love to see some videos of you in action with the Knight.
Aaron Schnatterly

Reading list: 67 books

Spotlight topics: 1

PostPosted: Tue 07 Jun, 2005 10:01 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Thomas Hoogendam wrote:
Guys, knock it off!!! I've ordered a Knight a week ago, and am trying NOT to think about it, otherwise I might go nuts with antisipation. Big Grin

Like Patrick said, this is one sword that just feels SO GOOD in the hand - I became extremely attached to it in a very short time. It'll be well worth the wait, I can assure you.

Now, to see what it'll do in the hands of someone like James... that's going to be a treat!

-Aaron Schnatterly

Fortior Qui Se Vincit
(He is stronger who conquers himself.)
Darwin Todd

PostPosted: Tue 07 Jun, 2005 7:48 pm    Post subject: Me too!         Reply with quote

I also ordered a Knight at the Blade show. I had been trying to choose between it and the Laird and decided to wait until I could hold them both in person. I found the slightly longer grip of the Knight to fit my hand better. Then once my desicion had been made, Harlan started telling me how much he liked the Solingin and almost made me change my mind. The Knight and Solingin both feel wonderful in the hand but do feel different. In the end I went with my original choice.
It would be really cool if there were some area at the show where you had a little more room to manuver. Holding a sword in hand is great but being able to really do some cut and thrust exercises would tell you a whole lot more about how a sword handles.

Forum Index > Historical Arms Talk > Albion at 2005 Blade Show
Page 1 of 1 Reply to topic