sword hilt refitting
Hope its ok to post this here :)
This was an albion blade I believe that a customer wanted to have a different hilt stuck on so this is what he sent me as a basis, He had a few minor changes as you can see. This is not my normal area of work, but they do make fun side projects.
[ Linked Image ]
[ Linked Image ]
The wood is ebony with sterling silver pins, the center band is beaded silver, the rivets are all silver headed and the larger rounded bands in the center of the hilt/pommel are silver. The raven is based on ...can't seem to recall where it came from now, something the customer sent me :lol:
Very nice work Patrick!

In my opinion it would have been even better to use an organic material such as wood or ivory for the center section of the upper and lower gaurd (although this is dictated by the original). Still, it's an awfully nice looking piece of work. I like it quite a bit.
:eek: :!: :D :!: Well done! Got to love personalized work more than production... :cool:
Here it is finished out, The customer also wanted some gaelic etched into the blade as well . So I got that done today as well as finished putting it all together.
[ Linked Image ]
I actually hadn't reall thought about anything other than the silver on the middle section, but I think some ivory carved up a bit would look quite nice in there as well. Thanks for the compliments, just got an email back from a happy sounding customer after seeing this picture, so that's good I guess. :D
*groan* So very pretty... Why on Earth do I keep looking at all these pictures of wonderful things I will never own?

Go on, take another little piece of my heart now baby...
Mikko Kuusirati wrote:
*groan* So very pretty... Why on Earth do I keep looking at all these pictures of wonderful things I will never own?

Go on, take another little piece of my heart now baby...

At times, Mikko, I feel the same way. I think there's a little bit of massochist built into all of us.

I really noticed the pinwork first. All in all, a nice outcome, Patrick! All in all, I suppose, as long as the patron is happy, that's the most important thing.
WOW. That is fantastic. :) Thanks.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: