Help me find info on a German dusägge
Specifically, the one depicted on page 63 of Gerald Weland's largely execrable "A Collector's Guide to Swords, Daggers & Cutlasses". You can see the exact same photo here: http://www.catsdiablopage.com/dusaegge.htm (the bottom one).

The caption in the book says only: 'Dusägge' German short sword or cutlass, 1580-90. These weapons seem to have been used by military and civilians alike. Sounds very plausible, brief as it is, but numerous other captions in the book (not to mention the actual text) are so misinformative that I can't help doubting even this one just a little... If anyone knows the sword's origin or current location, or has any measurements or further pictures - or even, gods forbid, all of the above! - and feels inclined to share, I would be very, very grateful indeed.

Also, was/would/could/should this type of sword be used in a way similar to messer play?
Del Tin reproduces the sword on the bottom of that page:

[ Linked Image ]

http://deltin.it/5174.jpg

Other than that, I have no relevant info about that sword. :)
D'oh - I am an idiot! Well now, let's see... "DUSSACK. Germany early 17th Century. Overall lenght cm 82 - weight gr. 1550"

That does help. Thanks! Any idea how accurate this reproduction is, in terms of mass and dimensions?
Mikko Kuusirati wrote:
That does help. Thanks! Any idea how accurate this reproduction is, in terms of mass and dimensions?

It's a fairly new model, I believe. I have no idea how accurate it is, though. There are some guys around here who might now, though.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: