Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Poll: Favorite Albion sword.
I'm curious to see what the most popular Albions are. So what's your favorite? You don't have to own it either.

My vote is....

The Viceroy
Three way tie between the Crecy, Svante and Landgraf. I don't own any of them yet, but all things in their proper time.
Favorite Museum Line - The Svante, closely followed by the Brescia, closely followed by the Solingen.

Favorite Next Gen - Regent, followed closely by the Knight.

My room mate's favorite (since he's around...) - Ritter, followed by the Squire.

Hard to make a simple 1-sword answer, since I view them on so many different levels... aesthetics. handling, complexity, purpose...
A tie between Munich, Regent/ Earl and the Talhoffer.

If things turn out right, I might be holding the first one of these in my hands by the end of this year... :cool:
Ok if we are doing more than one.... after the Viceroy follows the Solingen then the Svante.
From what I've seen/handled/own it has to be the Regent. :D Hands down the best!!
I'd have to go with the Baron....thats high on my list :lol: I do love the Sempach too, it's got such a simple elegance to it. :)
I like all of the ones I own (or I wouldn't own them after all), but I have to say that the Jarl is my favorite thus far.
though it's hard to norrow down, i'd say the brescia. with the regent and the viceroy a very close second
A tossup between the Landgraf and the Sovereign.
It's a tie between the Regent and Crecy for me. It's not so much the hilt of those that catches my eye but the blades. Both are a design that can both thrust and cut really well. Though the brescia comes really close because it's kind of a conbo between the two types, and that nice long grip...
My favorite of those Albions I already have - the Castellan. My favorites of those Albions that I don't have, that may or may not exist yet but that I'd sure like to have -- Condottiere, Markgraf, Gallowglass, Reeve
3 way tie; Regent, Viceroy, Svante.

Once more are in production I may have to change this list :D .

Huzzah,
Unfortunately I don't own any, but if I had my choosing it would be a hard toss-up with the Doge, the Markgraf or the Vassal.

Bill
Of the ones I've handled (thanks be to Round Tables):

Longswords would be Regent and Brescia. It's a very close toss-up that changes depending on my mood.

Single-handers: Solingen. Hands down far and away.

David Kite
GFS, ARMA in IN
Right now, Regent.
Regent is tops in my book. Followed clesely by a tie between the Soverign and the Hauptmann.
Has to be the Svante for me, followed by the new Crecy. And the Berserkr is definitely my favourite up-and-comer!
The Svante, the Tritonia, and, believe it or not, I like the elegant simplicity of the Squire Line 13th C. Great Sword. :)
G. Scott H. wrote:
... and, believe it or not, I like the elegant simplicity of the Squire Line 13th C. Great Sword. :)

I'm not surprised about someone putting a SL sword out there. The finish is decent on these pieces - I was pretty surprised, actually. I saw this particular model firsthand - in a rack of Next Gens, this was hard to pick out from a few feet away!

The equation is very complex. Did some cutting today, took 2 swords out. The first won't surprise anyone... the Brescia. The second? The Ritter. I spent more time with the Ritter! The more I play with it, the more I like it. And it's an odd duck piece...
Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Page 1 of 3

Jump to: