Go to page 1, 2  Next

Poll: Favorite Arms and Armor Sword
Since we had a "Favorite Albion Sword" poll, I thought I'd make one for A&A, a real pioneer in the production reproduction arms business.

My vote goes to their German Bastard Sword.

Before I really knew much of anything about swords, it was stumbling across the GBS on A&A's website that brought me into the study of historical arms, whereas I was previously only interested in the gaudy fantasy stuff.
Well I go with the first sword I bought off of them. . . the Schloss Erbach. However they have so many good choices so it's hard to decide. After the Schloss, I'd have to go with the Town Guard and Milanese Rapier just on looks. All though the Cavalry Rapier has been calling to me too. Sometimes I wish I wasn't left handed.
If only limited to one, I I vote German Bastard Sword.
Can I vote for my custom Type XX?

If not - I really like the English Longsword.

Attachment: 29.66 KB
AandATypeXX_small.JPG

Nathan Robinson wrote:
If only limited to one, I I vote German Bastard Sword.

Yep!
Gordon Clark wrote:

Only if I can vote for your custom XX too. That is one beautiful sword. I really need to get something custom from A&A.
From the production stuff, I'll choose the Italian 3-Ring Rapier for today's "what the heck, send me one" piece.

[ Linked Image ]
Jason Elrod wrote:
Gordon Clark wrote:

Only if I can vote for your custom XX too. That is one beautiful sword. I really need to get something custom from A&A.

Fine by me! And yes - you do. Very nice people to work with.
I'm going to have to say their 12th Century Sword, as I am in the process of ordering one. It's one of those ones that I just kept overlooking until one day I just saw it and went, "whoa." ::shrugs::
I'm going to go with the English longsword. It's very detailed and the pommel and guard are very nice shapes. Plus I love the cut and thrust design
My favorite of the A&A pieces I own is my Schloss Erbach (purchased 5 years ago today at the Bristol Renn. Festival).

Aside from that, my favorite of theirs is the Edward III sword.
I'll cast another vote for the English Longsword. As for their rapiers -- the Bavarian.

Attachment: 10.97 KB
Bavarian rapier.jpg

Last edited by Roger Hooper on Sat 02 Jul, 2005 11:09 am; edited 1 time in total
The 12th Century Sword.

Brian M
Dresden :D

Gordon
Definitely GBS. Next in line, the English Longsword. I love the hiltwork on both of these.
If custom ones count, then I'm definately choosing my rapier based off of one in the Stibbert museum in Italy.

[ Linked Image ]

Out of their normal production line, though, that's a really tough one... I'd probably go with the Gustav Vasa rapier, though it's a really, really hard choice.

[ Linked Image ]
Going to say the GBS, but there's quite a few to like.
I'll toss in a lot for the Town Guard...............

Bill
Based on my latest purchase, I would have to say the English Longsword. It's not easy to choose just one, though.
Bill Grandy wrote:
If custom ones count, then I'm definately choosing my rapier based off of one in the Stibbert museum in Italy.

Be still my heart!
Go to page 1, 2  Next

Page 1 of 2

Jump to: