Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > Historical Arms Talk > Latest Additions to my collection Reply to topic
This is a standard topic Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11, 12, 13  Next 
Joe Maccarrone

PostPosted: Sat 18 Feb, 2006 4:23 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Chad, that's a wonderful scabbard...I'm jealous -- my Sovereign is naked.

And since you've revived this thread, and I missed Patrick's musings the first time, I'd like to note:

Patrick Kelly wrote:

I mean, when you get into the later medieval period with all of that sissy plate armour and fru-fru clothing, well, who really likes that stuff. Razz

Amen, brother!

*Pounds flagon of ale on table*

Big Grin

Joe
Chad Arnow
myArmoury Team

myArmoury Team

PostPosted: Sun 19 Feb, 2006 7:01 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Steve Grisetti wrote:
Looks really nice, Chad. I haven't picked up any "non-transport" scabbards, yet, and I really look forward to acquiring some.

It's funny, but my wife, while okay with with me collecting swords, doesn't understand my desire for accurate(ish) scabbards. I asked her what she thought of the modifications and she basically said "When are you actually going to wear it?" Happy

She's right, of course. I rarely wear my swords. If I do, I don't have full period kits to go with the scabbard and sword (yet). So why do I need good scabbards? I see sword and scabbard as a package. Every good sword needs a nice outfit. Happy I have a transport scabbard for my Regent, but I'll be selling it when my place in Christian Fletcher's queue comes. I have two Albion Campaign scabbards, but I intend to re-cover those (or have them recovered) at some point to make them more period-appropriate. Yet, 362 days a year or so my scabbards are stored in the back of my closet and don't see the light of day. It's a sickness, really.

Happy

ChadA

http://chadarnow.com/
Steve Grisetti

Reading list: 28 books

PostPosted: Sun 19 Feb, 2006 7:10 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Chad Arnow wrote:
...It's a sickness, really.
And quite contagious! Laughing Out Loud Seriously, though, I don't do any cutting with my swords. I don't do any fencing (though I keep thinking about that). I don't do re-enactments. I don't do ren faires. My eye simply appreciates the art form. I see accurate scabbards as a way to make the 'pictures' more complete.
"...dismount thy tuck, be yare in thy preparation, for thy assailant is quick, skilful, and deadly."
- Sir Toby Belch
Mark Mattimore

Reading list: 41 books

PostPosted: Sun 19 Feb, 2006 10:26 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Chad
That looks wonderful. What a great rig. Big Grin I can't wait to see it in person. I'm now even more jealous of your Sovereign.

In omnibus requiem quaesivi, et nusquam inveni nisi in angulo cum libro.
Chad Arnow
myArmoury Team

myArmoury Team

PostPosted: Fri 07 Jul, 2006 6:21 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Here's the newest member of the family. Happy The lighting is off in these pics, partly because I haven't done a photoshoot in some months, and partly because I did this in a hurry, and partly because I only had 1 of my 3 500 Watt lights going. Sorry! Happy

Attachment: 21.01 KB
upload1.jpg

Attachment: 34.5 KB
upload2.jpg

Attachment: 24.3 KB
upload3.jpg

Happy

ChadA

Russ Ellis
Industry Professional

Reading list: 42 books

PostPosted: Fri 07 Jul, 2006 10:24 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Nice one Chad. I'm a bit envious there. One of those has been on my wish list for a while. Keep hoping they will make it a special of the month but suspect it is so popular there is no need for them to do that.
TRITONWORKS Custom Scabbards
Chad Arnow
myArmoury Team

myArmoury Team

PostPosted: Sat 08 Jul, 2006 7:35 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Russ Ellis wrote:
Nice one Chad. I'm a bit envious there. One of those has been on my wish list for a while. Keep hoping they will make it a special of the month but suspect it is so popular there is no need for them to do that.

Russ,
Whenever I make a purchase, I think "what would make Russ the most jealous?" Happy As for it being a monthly special, maybe it will be someday. There's always hope, right?

This dagger really surprised me. It was always intriguing in pictures, but it's even better in person than what I thought it would be. The blade is like a spike, and the whole thing feels deadly, yet graceful. The grip is quite comfortable bare-handed and just fits my gauntleted hand. I suspect if my gauntlets were a little more accurate, it would fit even more easily. They seem to have a little extra metal over the thumb area. Alexi was right in the review when he said

Quote:
This is an aesthetically stunning weapon. Its elegance cannot be fully appreciated until it is inspected personally.

It's really a cool dagger.

Happy

ChadA

Russ Ellis
Industry Professional

PostPosted: Sat 08 Jul, 2006 1:36 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Chad Arnow wrote:

Russ,
Whenever I make a purchase, I think "what would make Russ the most jealous?" Happy

Hah! I KNEW it! Here I am always trying to keep up with the Arnowses... Happy Anyway, I'm convinced I'll have to talk to Craig now, thanks awfully... Razz

Jean Thibodeau

Reading list: 1 book

Spotlight topics: 5

PostPosted: Sat 08 Jul, 2006 7:06 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Russ Ellis wrote:
Chad Arnow wrote:

Russ,
Whenever I make a purchase, I think "what would make Russ the most jealous?" Happy

Hah! I KNEW it! Here I am always trying to keep up with the Arnowses... Happy Anyway, I'm convinced I'll have to talk to Craig now, thanks awfully... Razz

Russ, maybe you should wait and see my custom version from Craig. Razz Might cost you a bit more though, to get one like it. Razz Razz

On the other hand the regular model does look good in those Picts: Nice purchase Chad. Big Grin

You can easily give up your freedom. You have to fight hard to get it back!
Chad Arnow
myArmoury Team

myArmoury Team

PostPosted: Sat 08 Jul, 2006 8:03 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Lo and behold, the rondel dagger is this month's highlight item. Happy That means they're probably in stock, ready to ship, Russ. Am I helping your situation? Happy
Happy

ChadA

Jean Thibodeau

PostPosted: Sat 08 Jul, 2006 8:08 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Russ you can buy this one and maybe order a custom one later. Razz Yes I'm being Evil again. Laughing Out Loud
Russ Ellis
Industry Professional

PostPosted: Sat 08 Jul, 2006 9:14 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Holy HECK! Ask and ye shall receive! Jean, the custom will have to wait I'm calling Craig on MONDAY! Thanks for the heads up Chad!
Douglas G.

PostPosted: Wed 12 Jul, 2006 1:05 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Hey Guys!
After going down to say hi to Mike when he was at the Oregon Knife and Custom Show last April I learned
the terrible truth. I got lotsa' hands on time with the goods, and as much as I dig my Brescia, further, how
much my beautifully red hilted Regent pleases me they are bupkes! I have had a Svante in my mitts and it
is the yardstick by which all should be measured. Even for you "Chad of the many fine toys" Laughing Out Loud

Votre Ami
Doug
Chad Arnow
myArmoury Team

myArmoury Team

PostPosted: Wed 12 Jul, 2006 9:08 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Douglas G. wrote:
Hey Guys!
After going down to say hi to Mike when he was at the Oregon Knife and Custom Show last April I learned
the terrible truth. I got lotsa' hands on time with the goods, and as much as I dig my Brescia, further, how
much my beautifully red hilted Regent pleases me they are bupkes! I have had a Svante in my mitts and it
is the yardstick by which all should be measured. Even for you "Chad of the many fine toys" Laughing Out Loud

Votre Ami
Doug

Doug,
I think the Svante is very interesting, visually and from an engineering standpoint, but it doesn't speak to me for some reason. I'd buy every other museum line sword (and many in the NG line) before I'd buy that one. There's nothing wrong with it, it just doesn't fit my aesthetic tastes or time period preferences. Plus, I have no place to put it and no money to buy it with. Happy

I do agree that hands-time with any maker's products is the best way to fully appreciate them. I'm glad to see Albion going to more events. Happy

Happy

ChadA

Chad Arnow
myArmoury Team

myArmoury Team

PostPosted: Tue 18 Jul, 2006 2:22 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Some other pics, just for fun.

Attachment: 41.3 KB
upload3.jpg

Attachment: 36.16 KB
upload1.jpg

Attachment: 33.71 KB
upload2.jpg

Happy

ChadA

Russ Ellis
Industry Professional

PostPosted: Tue 18 Jul, 2006 8:47 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Nice work on the pictures Chad. I got a message from Craig today letting me know that my new toys are heades this way! I can't wait to get one of those rondels in my own mitts.
Jean Thibodeau

PostPosted: Tue 18 Jul, 2006 8:56 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Chad love the pict of the Rondel pommel in the Gauntleted hand: The way the scalloping of the pommel harmonizes with the lines of the Gauntlet is shear PHOTOGRAPHIC GENIUS. Cool Cool Cool

You should make a desktop Picture of that one or use it instead of your Staunton Helm as the Avatar next to your name.
( Not that I don't like the Helm, hey I bought one after seeing your Avatar all the time. Wink Razz Laughing Out Loud )

Joe Fults

PostPosted: Tue 18 Jul, 2006 8:59 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

If not for a fact that a rondel from somebody else arrived in the mail last Saturday, I'd probably chase one of these too.
"The goal shouldn’t be to avoid being evil; it should be to actively do good." - Danah Boyd
Russ Ellis
Industry Professional

PostPosted: Wed 19 Jul, 2006 7:26 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Joe Fults wrote:
If not for a fact that a rondel from somebody else arrived in the mail last Saturday, I'd probably chase one of these too.

So give man, what do you think of it?

Chad Arnow
myArmoury Team

myArmoury Team

PostPosted: Wed 19 Jul, 2006 7:35 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Jean Thibodeau wrote:
Chad love the pict of the Rondel pommel in the Gauntleted hand: The way the scalloping of the pommel harmonizes with the lines of the Gauntlet is shear PHOTOGRAPHIC GENIUS. Cool Cool Cool

You should make a desktop Picture of that one or use it instead of your Staunton Helm as the Avatar next to your name.
( Not that I don't like the Helm, hey I bought one after seeing your Avatar all the time. Wink Razz Laughing Out Loud )

Photographic genius? It was more like "How the hell do I contort myself so the I don't knock over the tripod, get the pic somewhat focused, zoom in, and trigger the shutter with my left hand without stabbing myself or a curious cat?"

There was little genius involved and any "harmonization" is entirely coincidental. Happy But thanks anyway!

Happy

ChadA

Forum Index > Historical Arms Talk > Latest Additions to my collection
Page 5 of 13 Reply to topic
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11, 12, 13  Next All times are GMT - 8 Hours

View previous topic :: View next topic
Jump to: