Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > Historical Arms Talk > A&A German Branch Sword w/ Tritonworks Scabbard Reply to topic
This is a standard topic  
Bob Uhl

PostPosted: Sat 16 Jul, 2005 2:53 pm    Post subject: A&A German Branch Sword w/ Tritonworks Scabbard         Reply with quote

Well, I've finally got a web page up for my A&A German Branch Sword and the matching scabbard made by Tritonworks: http://latakia.dyndns.org/~ruhl/branch-sword/.

I'm really happy with how this piece turned out. Both sword and scabbard are absolutely wonderful: A&A and Russ did wonderful work. I'd gladly suggest either to anyone, and will be ordering from both many times in the future. I'd say more, but the web page says it all.

If Craig or Russ would like to comment on either piece, please feel free to do so.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Thomas McDonald
myArmoury Alumni

myArmoury Alumni

PostPosted: Sat 16 Jul, 2005 2:59 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Very nice, Bob !

I've always like that sword, and the scabbard looks great with it !

Congratulations, Mac

'Gott Bewahr Die Oprechte Schotten'
XX ANDRIA XX FARARA XX
Mac's PictureTrail
Lee O'Hagan

PostPosted: Sat 16 Jul, 2005 3:02 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Congrats Bob,
i was giving this some serious looking on russ's new site,
fine sword and a fine scabbard package too,great choice,
Thomas McDonald
myArmoury Alumni

myArmoury Alumni

PostPosted: Sat 16 Jul, 2005 3:12 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Treasures from the Tower of London, 1982.

* Plate XX , Sword , probably German about 1480 (16)

'Gott Bewahr Die Oprechte Schotten'
XX ANDRIA XX FARARA XX
Mac's PictureTrail
Nathan Robinson
myArmoury Admin

myArmoury Admin

PostPosted: Sat 16 Jul, 2005 3:26 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

I've always been a big fan of the original riding sword on which that's based. A&A's replica is awesome. I've only seen an older version of A&A's, and I thought it was spectacular. Craig has told me that it's been updated since then, and I can tell that the newer models include the spacer on the grip like the original. That's a great combination you have there, man. Very nice piece.
.:. Visit my Collection Gallery :: View my Reading List :: View my Wish List :: See Pages I Like :: Find me on Facebook .:.
Steve Grisetti

Reading list: 28 books

PostPosted: Sun 17 Jul, 2005 6:06 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Very impressive, Bob. Congratulations on your new toy. It is very visually appealing - both the sword and the scabbard.

I note on your website your statement "My one disappointment is that the pommel screws on, but there is a full tang inside the grip...." Please confirm the pommel is just screwed on, not peened?
Bob Uhl

PostPosted: Sun 17 Jul, 2005 7:35 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Steve Grisetti wrote:
I note on your website your statement "My one disappointment is that the pommel screws on, but there is a full tang inside the grip...." Please confirm the pommel is just screwed on, not peened?

Yup--there's a full tang down to about the last inch/inch-and-a-half, and then it's a screw-rod. It may very well be that this is appropriate; I've heard it claimed that there are some late historical examples of pommels which are screw-on rather than peened-on.

Oh, and I neglected to mention that both Russ and Craig were a real dream to work with--particularly Russ, who went so far as to ship my sword home seperately. My brother and his wife were in town a month and a half ago, and I had really wanted to show them my sword (he's deployed now, and won't be home for quite some time, and I've no idea when he'll be back to Colorado, so this was the last chance for a long time). I can strongly recommend Tritonworks to anyone requiring a scabbard.[/i]
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Russ Ellis
Industry Professional

Reading list: 42 books

PostPosted: Mon 18 Jul, 2005 6:27 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

At the risk of turning this into a mutual admiration society, Bob was a very nice customer to work with as well. I got delayed for a fairly long period of time waiting for the buckles and the metal hooks and loops on his rig to show up. Bob was completely understanding and very patient.

In other notes the German Branch Sword is a nice little piece and well worth Arms and Armor's price!

TRITONWORKS Custom Scabbards
Chad Arnow
myArmoury Team

myArmoury Team

PostPosted: Mon 18 Jul, 2005 6:32 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Bob Uhl wrote:
Yup--there's a full tang down to about the last inch/inch-and-a-half, and then it's a screw-rod. It may very well be that this is appropriate; I've heard it claimed that there are some late historical examples of pommels which are screw-on rather than peened-on.

Is the threaded part a separate piece or are the threads cut into the tang itself? I'd imagine the latter.

Happy

ChadA

http://chadarnow.com/
Alex B.

Reading list: 2 books

PostPosted: Fri 26 Aug, 2005 6:08 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

The original sword was peened. Here's a picture of the antique from Björn's site.

Forum Index > Historical Arms Talk > A&A German Branch Sword w/ Tritonworks Scabbard
Page 1 of 1 Reply to topic