Any other pictures of this rapier?
Does anyone happen to have any pictures of alternate views of this rapier? Or any information about it?

http://www.myArmoury.com/albums/photo/645.html

[ Linked Image ]
Very nice piece! Though I don't have another photo of it, I may be able to scan a larger version if you need it.
Nathan Robinson wrote:
Very nice piece! Though I don't have another photo of it, I may be able to scan a larger version if you need it.

That'd be great if you could, Nathan! Going to be calling up A&A on Monday to talk about an "inspired by" recreation (possibly a full recreation, but we'll see what the wallet says).
Well, just talked to Craig at A&A, and I'm getting a repro of this one done. It won't be anywhere near as detailed, as I can't afford it, but there is no doubt in my mind that it will be the center of my collection. The main difference will be that the bars won't be fluted, as that's the real killer (and I knew that from the start). Still, I'm soooo excited about it!

Anyone know what collection this piece is in?
Bill Grandy wrote:
Well, just talked to Craig at A&A, and I'm getting a repro of this one done. It won't be anywhere near as detailed, as I can't afford it, but there is no doubt in my mind that it will be the center of my collection. The main difference will be that the bars won't be fluted, as that's the real killer (and I knew that from the start). Still, I'm soooo excited about it!

Anyone know what collection this piece is in?

Flute the bars! Flute the bars! Save up for it.. haha!

I have no idea where this is.. I'll have to look through my books, as I know it's in one of them. Don't hold your breath though. With over 400 books, it's not likely I'll be quick about it.
Can't wait to see it. I'm still in awe from looking at this fine Arms & Armor rapier.

Attachment: 36.78 KB
Behold! Craig Johnson's done it again.jpg

Stephen A. Fisher wrote:
Can't wait to see it. I'm still in awe from looking at this fine Arms & Armor rapier.

Me too! I love that piece. It's absolutely stunning and the photos turned out fantastic.
Stephen A. Fisher wrote:

That's Tom Leoni's. He showed it to me this past Thursday, and that's when I decided I simply MUST have a custom from A&A. The workmanship on it is absolutely fantastic, and it's a joy to handle. It even has his initials on the ricasso in his own handwriting!

It's funny, because Tom owns several antiques, and one of his antique rapiers he actually uses for drilling, yet he seems to have even more reverance for this awe-inspiring A&A piece.
Bill's Rapier
Hello Guys

The rapier we are basing Bill's on is in the Stibbert Museum. Great place to go if you get to Italy.

Regards

Craig
The Stibbert, eh? Thanks Craig, I somehow knew you'd track down the source long before I was able to. I was originally heading up to Italy this December, and the Stibbert was a major goal on my list (though now my plans have switched to visit a friend in Shanghai).

Ironically, the Stibbert is where the original of Tom's custom A&A rapier is, and that rapier is what made me decide that I needed to go to A&A for a custom. So it looks like he and I will have sister swords.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: