Go to page Previous  1, 2

Actually the reviewed Ritter had an oxbloog grip. I like that color very much.
Patrick Kelly wrote:
Actually the reviewed Ritter had an oxbloog grip. I like that color very much.

I stand corrected! Thanks, Patrick!

Looked black on my monitor... it's a deep color. I liked examples I saw in Atlanta very much as well.
Hey Guys,

Just to reiterate on the grip colors, these are all individually hand-dyed at the time to that the grip is covered. We don't buy any factory "pre-dyed" leather of any kind for our grips. This is natural vegetable tanned leather, and each piece will take the dye slightly differently (especially when there are humidity variants in the shop from day to day).

Also, Brian the Museum Line swords are only offered with the individual color shown on the page. We decided on a basic black theme for the line with a few basic exceptions (like the Svante).
Hey Aaron. I'll try to get some pictures of the Vinland with the Oxblood grip up by tomorrow. ;)
William Hurst wrote:
Hey Aaron. I'll try to get some pictures of the Vinland with the Oxblood grip up by tomorrow. ;)

That would be wonderful, WIlliam! Looking forward to seeing them when you manage - tomorrow or later... Glad you are still enjoying the piece!
Jason Dingledine wrote:
Just to reiterate on the grip colors, these are all individually hand-dyed at the time to that the grip is covered. We don't buy any factory "pre-dyed" leather of any kind for our grips. This is natural vegetable tanned leather, and each piece will take the dye slightly differently (especially when there are humidity variants in the shop from day to day).

Exactly. I actually like this aspect. It makes each piece unique. On one hand, my Regent will be different than John Q. Public's Regent, and the other 998 Regents that will be made. On another hand, I have 3 "red" grips currently in my collection. They don't look repetitive, as something so bold might. I'm offshore until Wednesday, but will take some clear pics as long as I can get good lighting and post a few of these variations. As I said in another post - I've never been disappointed by a grip choice.

Jason Dingledine wrote:
Also, Brian the Museum Line swords are only offered with the individual color shown on the page. We decided on a basic black theme for the line with a few basic exceptions (like the Svante).

Thanks for the clarification/validation, Jason.
Jason Dingledine wrote:

Well, I suppose that also makes it easier to keep the MLs in stock ready to ship. I'm guessing that the SoSM will have a grip to match the original scabbard, which IIRC is light-brown?

Brian M
Go to page Previous  1, 2

Page 2 of 2

Jump to: