Go to page Previous  1, 2

Hey Erik, that's a fantastic photo and a wonderful looking new toy you have there. I had not expected you to be all that interested in rapiers, truth be told. I just had the pleasure of seeing the original inspiration of the writhen rapier at the Wallace this last week. As you say, the reproduction absolutely does do the antique justice!
Hehehe... Truth be told, rapiers are my favorite type of sword.;) Yes, A&A modified their design so that the guard was thinner to more closely match the original. Since you were looking at the original, did you happen to glance to your right and look at A21? And, if so did you happen to notice the mail voiders it was wearing? :cool:
Erik D. Schmid wrote:
Since you were looking at the original, did you happen to glance to your right and look at A21? And, if so did you happen to notice the mail voiders it was wearing? :cool:

I noticed many things in England that may have had some ties to Minnesota. I was looking carefully, in fact!
Gorgeous! Late-16th/Early 17th Century swords are DEFINITELY my favorites! The Writhen is just too beautiful for words.

Congratulations on your new acquisition!

Cheers,

Gordon
what a beautiful piece, what a lucky guy.
pat
I REALLY love that rapier. I am saving my pennies.....
Go to page Previous  1, 2

Page 2 of 2

Jump to: