Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Russ, that looks incredible! The color on it seems so much deeper than pre dyed leathers I have been using too, so good that I suppose I'll have to give it a go (aren't you happy? there went countless weekends). The tooling adds an entirely new aspect to the scabbard, and it really looks like it just sprang to life from an effigy or statue. Cheers!
Russ,
That looks amazing! You did an outstanding job on the lines and embossing. I cant imagine how much time that took to do right. The hand dyed color and texture of the leather also stands out as being top notch!
Thanks for posting that bad boy!
Sam
Yes this looks great like a whole quantum leap ahead in " wonderfulness " . :D :cool:
Thanks for the kind words guys, it's a lot of extra work, but in the end I think worth it. I'm really going to push this stuff as the standard for Trident Line Scabbards from now on, because I really think it adds that much to the scabbard...

Tim, I feel your pain, it's going to probably slow down my throughput a little, and going to mean that I'll be here at work with all kinds of odd colors on my hands... :)
Well here's something new again. I've been wanting to do one like this for a while and I finally found a customer that was willing to foot the bill. :) This one was a LOT of work, I'm pretty sure I managed to take myself to a new low in terms of dollars per hour... and all that needlework left my hands a friggin mess in terms of stabbing and jabbing myself but I got to do a project that I have been REALLY wanting to do and that is certainly worth something!

[ Linked Image ]

[ Linked Image ]

[ Linked Image ]

[ Linked Image ]

[ Linked Image ]
That's super snazzy Russ!

I love when craftsmen go that extra mile to show us what is possible.

Jeremy
Damn Russ, that is truly spectacular work!!! I really like your needle work (oak leaves and acorns being a particular favorite theme of mine). Every time you show a new piece, you surpass yourself! :cool:
That looks really nice Russ. Who knew you could sew fabric as well as leather. My wife would be jealous ;)
Top rate work :D
S
Very nice looking work Russ. The quality of the scabbards showing up here lately is truely awesome. Keep the great looking work coming! Mainly because it moves me one spot up on the waiting list for my scabbard!

Scott
Thanks for the kind words guys, still trying to learn new things and always improve the work...
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Page 7 of 7

Jump to: