In-progress pics of two handed viking sword
Well guys I thought i'd share with you some pics of my two handed viking sword in the process of being made its almost done, i'll get stats on it when I get them but for now enjoy the pics :)

[ Linked Image ]
[ Linked Image ]
[ Linked Image ]
[ Linked Image ]
[ Linked Image ]
[ Linked Image ]
[ Linked Image ]
Very nice. Not something I would want to see in the hands of my enemies.

Approximately how wide is the blade? It looks pretty beefy from the pictures.

Alex
I like it...........I like it a whole dadgum bunch. Brutal.............I want one. ....mcm.
2 1/4" wide and 43" overall length.
In the second pic, is that a spacer your going to be putting on the grip?
Might look cool in the middle of the grip... or 1/4 of the way from the gaurd...
Looks good btw!
wow, that is a very beautiful sword. I am wondering, as I love two-handers and viking swords, what evidence is there available for this style?
Wow Eric! That looks like a really nice piece. Good luck with the rest of it. BTW, anyone know if there were actually Viking swords with hand&half grips like this? -Ted
I noticied the spacer as well but in the other pics its not there so not sure if that was part of something not finished at that time of the pic or we will be seeing it in the final piece. As to any evidence of two handers/hand and half for vikings I have never seen any surviving examples but I don't see why not, with some people being slightly taller then the average man you'd think he'd want a sword to match his height but who knows there could be one out there just we haven't unearthed it yet.
This has been discussed at the other forum not so long ago. It seems there is some evidence that such a thing did exist:
http://forums.swordforum.com/showthread.php?s...alf+viking
I'd like to see that fragment next to a known object so that we could get a sense of it's scale.
sent me 2 more pics, this time with leather braiding on the handle, I think it looks sweet!!!

[ Linked Image ]
[ Linked Image ]
Eric, that has a very interesting look to it. I'm actually starting to like it a lot and I didn't at first.

Who's the maker?
Patrick Kelly wrote:
Eric, that has a very interesting look to it. I'm actually starting to like it a lot and I didn't at first.

Who's the maker?

Hi Patrick the makers are Hellfire Forge.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: