Elector of Saxony Daggar and Ornate Scabbard by A&A
I bought this for my wife, in celebration of her first grandchild, her son had a daughter. I just received them today and was extremely impressed. This dagger has a very nice heft to it and the ornamentation is absolutely gorgeous and of high quality brass and steel. The blade is very stout and adorned with short fullers at the crossguard with one fuller running 2/3 down the length of the blade. The feel and the balance is perfection and it is absolutely stunning to look at, the quality of the furniture on the handle, the pommel and the cross are both beautiful and solid, of extreme high quality.

I would recommend this dagger and scabbard combination to anyone who wants a dagger to set themselves a couple of steps above the rest. This is a real eye catcher that feels as good as it looks!

Happy Collecting,

Bob Burns
I agree completely, Bob.

Here is a photo of mine for reference:

[ Linked Image ]
I've always liked the look of that dagger, but never realized until now they made an equally beautiful scabbard to go with it. Were pictures of it only recently added to the website, or am I just unobservant? ;)
J. Padgett wrote:
I've always liked the look of that dagger, but never realized until now they made an equally beautiful scabbard to go with it. Were pictures of it only recently added to the website, or am I just unobservant? ;)

Photos have been on the A&A site and myArmoury.com for years. A&A just launched a new site, however, so there are new photos there of it.
Very cool piece Bob, thanks for sharing.

If your wife likes getting edged weapons as presents you'd better hang onto her!
Wow. Very nice package. The scabbard adds a great deal to the dagger.
I have wanted that one for a while. Congrats Bob.

How did you wife like it, by the way?

Gordon

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: