What sword is this?
Is it wort anything??

Thanks

/D

Attachment: 25.27 KB
svärd.jpg

Kinda hard to tell from thin info. Where did you get it? How old is it? What other info do you have about it?
Looks like an inexpensive repro Indian Kris (or some such) to me.

Brian M
A kris or keris, of Balinese style. Apart from the broken sheath, it looks to be in good condition to my amateur eye, from what I can see in the rather small picture. I'd need a much closer look to say anything else.

Last edited by Mikko Kuusirati on Wed 05 Oct, 2005 11:07 am; edited 1 time in total
I believe that is a highly decorated version of an Indonesian or Phillipine weapon called a keris. As to value I have no idea.
:D Wow we jumped on that one...
Another more picture of the sword
dont know how old or were its from.

Attachment: 43.13 KB
[ Download ]
Well... at the very least it doesn't look like a cheap imitation, to judge by the bigger picture. That's some fine work on the blade. The hilt looks odd to me, but then what do I know...

Last edited by Mikko Kuusirati on Wed 05 Oct, 2005 11:33 am; edited 1 time in total
One more picture
Another pic

Attachment: 42.77 KB
sword [ Download ]
Definitely a Kris. As to origin, the ones i've seen with the very rounded-end oblong guards like the one shown in your pic as opposed to more angular styles are often Madura Krises, but that's only from I've seen personally. As to value, don't know as it's not my area but Krises in my experience don't often command very high prices. Try doing a search on the net and look at auction sites that have sold Krises - might give you an idea.

Daniel

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: