Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > Historical Arms Talk > Albion Crecy arrived today! Reply to topic
This is a standard topic  
Tim Lison

Reading list: 6 books

Spotlight topics: 1

PostPosted: Fri 07 Oct, 2005 11:51 pm    Post subject: Albion Crecy arrived today!         Reply with quote

My Albion Crecy arrived today, and I thought I'd share some pics. It's got blackened furniture and a magenta grip.
Tim Lison

PostPosted: Fri 07 Oct, 2005 11:52 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

hilt
Anton de Vries

PostPosted: Sat 08 Oct, 2005 1:21 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Beauty
Thomas Hoogendam

Reading list: 8 books

PostPosted: Sat 08 Oct, 2005 1:42 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Never been a big fan of blackened fittings, but when combined with a darker shade of red on the grip, it does look stunning.
Thomas McDonald
myArmoury Alumni

myArmoury Alumni

PostPosted: Sat 08 Oct, 2005 4:29 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Congrats, Tim !

May it serve ye well, Mac

'Gott Bewahr Die Oprechte Schotten'
XX ANDRIA XX FARARA XX
Mac's PictureTrail
Steve Grisetti

Reading list: 28 books

PostPosted: Sat 08 Oct, 2005 6:38 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Congratulations, Tim. Your new Crecy is a beauty!

Thomas Hoogendam wrote:
Never been a big fan of blackened fittings, but when combined with a darker shade of red on the grip, it does look stunning.

I like blackened fittings, and they look really good on Tim's Crecy.
Bob Burns

Reading list: 112 books

PostPosted: Sat 08 Oct, 2005 8:55 am    Post subject: Albion Crecy         Reply with quote

That is indeed one gorgeous sword from pommel to tip and I really like that type of sword as well. If that sword is not an eye catcher, then I don't know what is, I gotta tell ya, your sword is stunning!
Roger Hooper

Spotlight topics: 4

PostPosted: Sat 08 Oct, 2005 10:00 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

How does it handle? Listed at 3 lbs 1 oz, it isn't the lightest longsword on the market, but I bet it is still very nimble.
Aaron Schnatterly

Reading list: 67 books

PostPosted: Sat 08 Oct, 2005 10:12 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Roger Hooper wrote:
How does it handle? Listed at 3 lbs 1 oz, it isn't the lightest longsword on the market, but I bet it is still very nimble.

It put a smile on my face at the Atlanta Blade Show... I really liked the way it handled. This one's on my "eventually" list.

I like the blackened fittings on this one - not usually much for it. Where some folks want a consistent grip color for their collections, I have chosen thus far to keep all of my hilt furniture plain. I may be rethinking that, though, as time goes by. This doesn't appear to be overly done. In fact, it looks slightly distressed, though that may be the lighting. If this is it's true appearance, I like it quite a bit.

-Aaron Schnatterly

Fortior Qui Se Vincit
(He is stronger who conquers himself.)
Jay Barron

PostPosted: Sat 08 Oct, 2005 10:26 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

IMO the Crecy is one of the best looking production swords available today. I hope it shows up at the NY round table next weekend.
Constant and true.
Gary Grzybek

PostPosted: Sat 08 Oct, 2005 10:42 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Roger Hooper wrote:

3 lbs 1 oz sounds just right to me. Light enough to be very agile yet still able to pack a punch Big Grin

Gary Grzybek
ARMA Northern N.J.
www.armastudy.org
Tim Lison

PostPosted: Sat 08 Oct, 2005 11:54 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Roger-

The handling on this one is really nice! I actually bought it because Mike put one in my hands on a recent trip to Albion and I couldn't believe how good it felt! (I had not intended to buy it-Damn you Mike!) I have only 2 other hand and a half swords, the Landgraf and the Black Prince from A&A, both of which feel much better with two hands on them to me. The Crecy feels great with only one, it's not lighter than either of the other swords but somehow feels lighter than them....?

Aaron-

I wish I could put higher res pics of the blackening up for you! It does look somewhat distressed. It is very even all over except for the edges which seem lighter in color, almost silver in some areas. I feel that it really brings out the form of the hilt components and in particular the pommel! With the exception of the bad lighting, the look of the blackening is pretty true to the photo!
Aaron Schnatterly

Reading list: 67 books

PostPosted: Sat 08 Oct, 2005 12:53 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Tim Lison wrote:
I actually bought it because Mike put one in my hands on a recent trip to Albion and I couldn't believe how good it felt! (I had not intended to buy it-Damn you Mike!)

Harlan and Mike double-teamed me with the Svante in Atlanta. Now, I already knew I was interested in seeing it... but it became one of those "Aw, f...! Alright... put me down for one..." incidents. To add to my agony throughtout the weekend, one or the other of those two jokers kept sticking it in my hand. Merciless, those two. Now, I finally am getting my duckies all lined up in a neat little row, and will be paying it out over the next month or so.

Tim Lison wrote:
I have only 2 other hand and a half swords, the Landgraf and the Black Prince from A&A, both of which feel much better with two hands on them to me. The Crecy feels great with only one, it's not lighter than either of the other swords but somehow feels lighter than them....?

Neat balance and presence to the Crecy. Like I said, it put a smile on my face in Atlanta - was quite surprised with it in hand. If I hadn't already way overblown my budget (brought the Brescia, Ritter, and Squire home with me, plus the order for the Svante), I probably would have picked this one up.

Tim Lison wrote:
I wish I could put higher res pics of the blackening up for you! It does look somewhat distressed. It is very even all over except for the edges which seem lighter in color, almost silver in some areas. I feel that it really brings out the form of the hilt components and in particular the pommel! With the exception of the bad lighting, the look of the blackening is pretty true to the photo!

The resolution of the pics is fine, bud... as is the lighting (at least well enough to see the details...). I just wasn't sure if the lighter edges were a result of transverse lighting, or if that's the actual effect of the blackened furniture. Personally, I'm glad this is the actual look of it - too black and too much coverage makes it look fake to me, or like it's wax-covered like cheese. I like this worn in look, as though it belongs in service rather than behind glass.

-Aaron Schnatterly

Fortior Qui Se Vincit
(He is stronger who conquers himself.)
Helen Miller

Reading list: 2 books

PostPosted: Sat 08 Oct, 2005 3:14 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Hi Tim, it looks great! The magenta grip looks surprisingly good. Congrats on such a fine piece.

Helen M.

-"A woman's tongue is her sword, and she does not let it rust."
Proverb

Forum Index > Historical Arms Talk > Albion Crecy arrived today!
Page 1 of 1 Reply to topic