Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Aaron Schnatterly wrote:
If I'm not mistaken, it's a McHugh custom...

Patrick Kelly wrote:
I believe it's a custom piece by Eric McHugh.

What's that about great minds? :p

Overall some neat pics! Appreciate everyone's sharing! I'll have to try to dig up a couple...
Really... didn't know Eric had gotten into that kind of thing, just the knives and stuff as far as I knew... interesting to say the least... hmmm see there is this glaive I want...
Those are some nice pole-weapons you guys have there! :D My fave is A&A's Knightly pole axe.
Edward Hitchens wrote:
Those are some nice pole-weapons you guys have there! :D My fave is A&A's Knightly pole axe.

I like mine too!

Attachment: 9.78 KB
100_0785.JPG

Russ;

Here is a link to the Albion page " in-house artisans " that shows the halberd in all it's glory.

Probably been a while since you checked that part of Albion's site.

http://www.albion-swords.com/inhouse/eric.htm

And I'm sure others might have neglected looking at what the guys at Albion do as their own projects, so I'm giving it a plug.
Yeah you guys got it. Eric McHugh made it for me. Sweet ;)
Here are some more custom pieces made by friends of mine - three seaxes. The top two were made by Jesse Frank and the bottom by Eric McHugh

[ Linked Image ]

I'd take a dozen more by either of these gentlemen... seriously doubt this is the end of my acquisitions from them.
Aaron Schnatterly wrote:
Here are some more custom pieces made by friends of mine - three seaxes. The top two were made by Jesse Frank and the bottom by Eric McHugh

[ Linked Image ]

I'd take a dozen more by either of these gentlemen... seriously doubt this is the end of my acquisitions from them.

Oooh you are going to like my Frank pieces... :)
[quote="Russ Ellis"]
Aaron Schnatterly wrote:

I have no doubt that'll be the case, Russ. Actually, I know of a few pieces he has in the queue... and I'm sure we're all in for a good treat when the pics start showing up. I'm even happier in that a couple of them will pass through my hands on the way to their final destinations! If I can't keep 'em, at least I get to handle them!
Well here are my non sword toys.
Dunc

Attachment: 86.09 KB
Dscf3568.jpg

Lancelot Chan wrote:
Patrick Kelly wrote:
Lance,

How functional is that Pudao?

Hmmm... It can cut pork arm through with 1 strike....

Functional enough. :D

Please tell me you have video of this :D
Your humble servent oh great master
Dunc
kow tow kow tow
Oh Man! This is unfair, you guys are giving me an incredible itch for polearms now! You guys trying to get me killed by my wife? I don't have any halberds or glaives, I do have an A&A 12th Century Saxon Spear and Danish War Axe though, but no glaives or halberds and I still got a few swords by Arms & Armor that I just gotta have!

Frustrated,

Bob
Bob;

You're exhausting me just reading about all the stuff you want AT THE SAME TIME. :eek: :cool: :lol:

But seriously, it's good to pace yourself just to be able to enjoy each purchase: It's like going to a banquet and eating all the courses mixed together on the same plate at the same time!

If I won Millions at a lottery and bought the entire A & A and Albion lines of sword the same day I think I would not be able to appreciate each on it's own merit. Anticipation is like foreplay, without it one misses the best part of the experience and somebody is not happy. :D

All the above in a slightly teasing tone and with only the best of intentions and regard. :cool:
Yeah, get too much too soon and it takes the fun out of it, not only that, I simply cannot afford buying at that pace either. Just a little coveting. LOL

Thanks, I did get a good chuckle.

Bob
Russ Ellis wrote:
Aaron Schnatterly wrote:

[ Linked Image ]

Hey Russ, I've held the blade for one of your pieces by Jesse Frank, and I think you're right!
Simple shot of a Hanwei Naginata... the Yari pic ended up blury sorry.

Hey Alex, your Naginata is really cool, I really love what you did with your ceiling with the flags. I also have a question that being. At what quality range are the Hanwei Naginatas and Katanas?
I have my eye on the Paul Chen Hanwei Folded Steel Tiger Katana, for a maybe, someday, but not for a while hopeful. This link will take you directly to this particular Katana. http://kultofathena.com/product~item~PC1204.htm

Thanks again, loved the flags on the ceiling,

Bob
Yea, its a politically corect angle, but my buddies are big axis and allies fans, so we have the whole politically incorect lineup. ;)

Over all I am pleased. I say its well worth the cash. However, not everyone will agree for one reason or another. I've owned, sold, and delt with Hanwei stuff ever since its introduction into CASI's product line up. I personally helped with some of the selection line up, and have fondled most all that have been made at this point. I don't think they are 100% perfect in catchingthe reality of the design, but for your money its enough. I also have the Yari that came out reacenty, and after a little personalizing I'm pretty happy.

Vince Labolito wrote:

Hey Russ, I've held the blade for one of your pieces by Jesse Frank, and I think you're right!

:eek: What?! How cool is that? Jesse's been sending me some sketches and stuff of his ideas of what to do with them... I think they are going to turn out pretty nicely. Glad you had the chance to see it and that it seemed to be going well.
Bill Duncan wrote:
Well here are my non sword toys.
Dunc

I think I recognize quite a few of those, despite not owning any of them myself.

Windlass Halberd-Voulge, A&A Warhammer, A&A Horseman's Axe, CAS Iberia axe, A&A flanged mace, and...I can't figure out the rest.

Mind telling me if I'm right? :)
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Page 2 of 3

Jump to: