Teaser photo of a very special sword
I just did a photo shoot of a new sword I had commissioned.

It's one of the most detailed hilts I've seen on a modern reproduction and I felt compelled to share it with you.

Here's a shot of the hilt:

[ Linked Image ]

More info to come....
Wow!
Oh my God! That is gorgeous!
I doubt I could ever make something that detailed oif I had the rest of my entire life Just to finish that project...Kudos to whoever the artist is..

Ciaran
Beautiful! Love the details on the pommel and grip!

I think I have a guess on the artist of it...... :D

You officially have my envy Nathan!
Chuck Perino wrote:
I think I have a guess on the artist of it......

I think you'd be right.
Very nice and I have a guess on the artist too. Have to wait to tell if I'm right.
Gorgeous, simply gorgeous.

Is it based on a particular original? If so, are there photos of it out there?

Between your new VE dirk and this, my jealousy of your collection has quadrupled......
That is exquisite.

I have always liked that style hilt but have never seen one that was as ornate.

That sword will really be a treasure.

Chester
Chad, it is loosely based on this original:

[ Linked Image ]
Click photo to link to Photo Albums for full-sized version
That's another outstanding creation there Nathan. You are indeed a lucky guy. The only thing I can't figure out is why are we beating around the bush? We all know who is building the thing. The question I have is does he STILL not intend to do this for a living? :)
Russ Ellis wrote:
That's another outstanding creation there Nathan. You are indeed a lucky guy. The only thing I can't figure out is why are we beating around the bush? We all know who is building the thing. The question I have is does he STILL not intend to do this for a living? :)

Well Russ

Assuming {and assuming gets me into a lot of trouble sometimes} we're talking about Erik, he ussually is "all over me" when I'm late on something. He hasn't whispered lately, and I'm late on a couple of 35 inch backblades and one other..... Very unlike Erik.

I think his shoulder is really bothering him....

Well, when he finally calls me to ki*k my ass for being late again, I'll have some news that might cheer him up a bit. Finally got the backblades run with fuller and false edge, so he won't have to kill himself in the future adding that to the blades....
Russ Ellis wrote:

No beating around the bush.. I just have updates on every other Monday and will have the page up then.. but I couldn't wait with this one cause it's so nifty.
Angus Trim wrote:
Assuming {and assuming gets me into a lot of trouble sometimes} we're talking about Erik, he ussually is "all over me" when I'm late on something. He hasn't whispered lately, and I'm late on a couple of 35 inch backblades and one other..... Very unlike Erik. I think his shoulder is really bothering him....

Well, he's been working on this piece and we used a different blade maker on this one. The next on his queue is using other blades, too.

I'd like one of those 35 inch backblades with a fuller... could find something for that.
Now i gotcha. :)
Nathan ... that sword is gorgeous !

Congrats to you, & tell Erik nice job !

Mac
OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHhhhhhhhhhhhhh! My jaw is gonna be bruised from that drop to the floor! Thats absolutely outstanding!
Beautiful work,
Congrat's Nathan,
Looking forward to your review,
Wow that is a real beauty! I'm not usually one for the swept hilts since I'm a fan of earlier periods, but that one is just gorgeous.
That's very nice.
Is it Italian?

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: