Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Happy Birthday Patrick!

You might ask for assistance when falling on your sword--at your age, you might just miss! :p

Seriously, welcome to the 40-something Clan! Remember: You're only as old as you feel! Funny how I feel 80 on Monday mornings... ;)

Cheers!
:cool: :cool: :cool:

Attachment: 77.71 KB
40.jpg

Hope you had a great 40th, my friend !

Cheers, Mac

Attachment: 98.4 KB
Happy B Patrick.JPG

Buck up, Patrick!

Remember, Leonidas was well over 40 when he led the Spartans at Thermopylae and look what he went on to ....

Oh, that's right... :eek:

Well, just remember, it wasn't being old that killed him!!! :lol:

Happy Birthday!
[quote="Gordon Frye"]Patrick, you're still a pup. :D An pretty wise and experienced pup, but a youth never the less! :eek:

I'm still two years shy of half-a-century, and I have no intentions of quiting any time soon. I figure that when I can no longer sit a horse (even if in the mean time I have to climb up into the saddle by standing on my walker, or be hoisted a-la those silly movies from the '30's) then it will be time to call it quits. But I figure that a horse's legs will do what mine can't in 30 years or so, leaving me to keep on shootin'! After all, don't we need more stove-up old cowboys to keep these Utes... er, "youths" rather, in line? :cool:

Oh, Gordon when you need a walker you might just consider one of those really small ponies instead: More like a large dog in size than a horse and house broken or with a horsy diaper !

Patrick; Happy birthday and I'm 4 years away from 60 :eek: Just HIT 56 last week :eek:
So for some reason 40 " DOESN'T IMPRESS ME MUCH ! " as in the Shania Twain song. :p :lol:

But then it's mostly your health that makes the difference: I remember a semi famous person up here ( Jackrabbit Robinson ) who was still competing doing cross country skiing at the age of 106 ! I'm sure that when he hit 40, not knowing he would live to 109 or something, he may have been feeling a bit blue about it.

( Edit: Oh, almost forgot HAPPY BIRTHDAY. :D )

Last edited by Jean Thibodeau on Tue 13 Dec, 2005 1:46 am; edited 1 time in total
Patrick,

Falling on your sword is the easy way out. Just remember that getting old isn't for sissies, I'm 55 and can still do pushups in full harness, you can too. Happy B-day and many more.
Thank you all.

I'll admit that I like turning forty more than I liked turning twenty. I look at where I was then and where I am now and I wouldn't go back for anything.

However, I have to say that '05 has just plain sucked, at least the last half. It's been one thing after another: financial, medical, personal, and it keeps getting "better" by the day. This is the first year where I'll really be glad to see it end and '06 better be an improvement. I've told my friends they'd better make sure it is or I'm lining them all up against a wall. :D

Still, I'm a lucky man in many ways and I'm thankful for what I have so I won't be selling tickets to a pity party anytime soon.
Patrick Kelly wrote:
Thank you all.
Still, I'm a lucky man in many ways and I'm thankful for what I have so I won't be selling tickets to a pity party anytime soon.

Good show, Patrick! That's the spirit!

I can attest to the fact that 40 isn't so bad. After all, Aragorn was well into his 80's when he marched on the black gate and gave that speech! :p

(I thought you might enjoy the comparison!)

--Doug
Many happy returns, patrick! Set the sword aside. Either you (if you survived) or its inheritor would just have to clean it anyway.

;)

Cheers!

P.S. You're only 40?
Happy B-Day Pattie :!:

My web gift for you, it's FREE

http://fanclub.wd40.com/login.cfm
:surprised: HA! So our Kansas Viking try to find a shortcut to Valhalla,
i think i know why :D

Congratulation Patrick! it's now you starts to take your longship on a trailer. :lol:
Happy Birthday Patrick !

40 is not that old and it's especially young for someone who, like you, has already accumulated so much knowledge in the world of swords and medieval history. I hope I could tell the same for me in five years.

Congratulation and enjoy the day !

David
Happy Birthday - Trooper Love!!! :D :D
Congratulations!

On the bright side, you are soon old enough to run for president!

Elling, just turned 25
:)

Happy Birthday Patrick

This gives me hope, there may yet be life after 30... ;)
Happy Birthday Patrick! :D

40 isn't really that old. Both of my parents are in their mid fifties and they still have enough life in them to yell at TV game shows and do 5 laps at the mall afterwards! :p

And for the love of God don't fall on your sword! If you were gone, that would be one less person to rip into my replies. :lol:

Anyways have a great one!

P.S. http://www.hugoanywhere.com/products.asp
Happy Birthday Patrick, Just remember age is a state of mind and life begins at 40. At least that’s what all the really old people say. (just kidding) Enjoy.

Congratulations.
Happy Birthday Patrick, you young whipper snapper, welcome to the age where your body starts doing strange things to you, like long hairs growing from your earlobe, eyebrows that grow like bangs towards the top of your forehead, while hairs from up above your forehead fall down past the up turned bangs. :lol: :eek:

Oh to be 40 again! Well Patrick being halfway to 80 aint so bad, hell I am halfway to 96.

Now remember sonny, respect your elders.

:p

In all seriousness Patrick, I wish you a most wonderful birthday my friend!

Bob
Happy Birthday Patrick! And since now one else mentioned it (or I missed) it:

as Indiana Jones wrote:
It's not the years; it's the miles!

And for anyone familiar with Terry Pratchett:

Gordon Frye wrote:
I'm still two years shy of half-a-century, and I have no intentions of quiting any time soon. I figure that when I can no longer sit a horse (even if in the mean time I have to climb up into the saddle by standing on my walker, or be hoisted a-la those silly movies from the '30's) then it will be time to call it quits.

You haven't made any mention of tying a hemroid ring to the saddle. Until you do that you haven't even caugth up with Cohen the Barbarian, and that means you still have plenty of years left in you. :lol:

-Grey
Greyson Brown wrote:

You haven't made any mention of tying a hemroid ring to the saddle. Until you do that you haven't even caugth up with Cohen the Barbarian, and that means you still have plenty of years left in you. :lol:

-Grey

When that happens, I'll join the infantry and carry a fence rail the rest of my life... :D

Cheers!

Gordon
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Page 2 of 3

Jump to: