Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > Historical Arms Talk > Count Scabbard by Christian Fletcher Reply to topic
This is a standard topic  
Charles Adams

Spotlight topics: 1

PostPosted: Thu 12 Jan, 2006 2:21 pm    Post subject: Count Scabbard by Christian Fletcher         Reply with quote

I just recieved my finished scabbard by Christian Fletcher for my Albion Count. Let me tell you that Christian's work is amazing and worth every penny. I turned to Christian for a scabbard because I felt Albion's prices were a little too high, and also because their scabbard waiting list was over a year when I talked to Mike on the phone. I recommned contacting Christian if you are interested in getting a scabbard for your sword, he has many options and for the quality of the work, I believe his prices are a bargain. Anyway there is a picture of the Count and Scabbard attached. Christian is also doing a scabbard for my Albion Knight and I know its going to be awesome.
Let me know what you guys think of the scabbard.

Attachment: 58.05 KB
HPIM2065.jpg

Joe Fults

PostPosted: Thu 12 Jan, 2006 2:55 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

I think its nice and I really like his work.

Did you buy your swords through him?

For a while at least, he was only doing scabbards for swords purchased through him.

"The goal shouldn’t be to avoid being evil; it should be to actively do good." - Danah Boyd
Chad Arnow
myArmoury Team

myArmoury Team

PostPosted: Thu 12 Jan, 2006 3:04 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Joe,
I'm not Charles, but... That's the Count Charles brought to the last Round Table party. He bought the Knight at the party. So they both came from Albion.

I've talked to Christian recently about scabbard commissions, and it sounds like his policy has/is changing back to accepting swords not sold by him. Double-check with Christian, though, just to be sure.

Happy

ChadA

http://chadarnow.com/
Charles Adams

PostPosted: Thu 12 Jan, 2006 3:22 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Joe, I bought the Count from Albion. I talked to Christian on the phone, and he said he would allow me to ship him the sword in order for him to make the scabbard. So, I am guessing his policy has changed. Like Chad said, I would contact him personally with any questions.
Roger Hooper

Spotlight topics: 4

PostPosted: Thu 12 Jan, 2006 3:42 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

After looking at that photo, I'm down for the Count.
David Etienne

Reading list: 8 books

PostPosted: Fri 13 Jan, 2006 2:20 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Hello, Charles,

Thanks for this post and this superb picture! I really like Christian Fletcher's work and this scabbard is stunning, although I would have prefered a rounded chape instead of a pointed one (by the way, is such a pointed chape historically accurate for a 14th c. scabbard or would it be better suited for a 15th c. one?).

Cheers,

David
Mikko Kuusirati

Reading list: 13 books

PostPosted: Fri 13 Jan, 2006 6:26 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Roger Hooper wrote:
After looking at that photo, I'm down for the Count.

Indeed. Count me in, too.

That grip color, is it "light brown" (AKA "campaign worn")?

"And sin, young man, is when you treat people like things. Including yourself. That's what sin is."
— Terry Pratchett, Carpe Jugulum
Charles Adams

PostPosted: Fri 13 Jan, 2006 6:52 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Yes, the grip color is campaign worn, or light brown. I also originally intended for a rounded chape, but Christian thought that it needed a pointed design that would compliment the more ornate hilt. It is really a nice touch when you hold it in your hands, it's somewhat difficult to pick up from the picture. Thanks
Mikko Kuusirati

Reading list: 13 books

PostPosted: Fri 13 Jan, 2006 7:27 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Charles Adams wrote:
Yes, the grip color is campaign worn, or light brown. I also originally intended for a rounded chape, but Christian thought that it needed a pointed design that would compliment the more ornate hilt. It is really a nice touch when you hold it in your hands, it's somewhat difficult to pick up from the picture. Thanks

Right, thought so. I'm a big fan of the texture in the Campaign Worn coloring... makes the whole sword look more lively.

And I can see Christian's point about the chape (sorry, bad pun) - a rounded chape would look much more at home on the Steward. And while we're at it, am I just looking too hard or is that finial octagonal, too? If so, it's a really nice little finishing touch.

"And sin, young man, is when you treat people like things. Including yourself. That's what sin is."
— Terry Pratchett, Carpe Jugulum
Charles Adams

PostPosted: Fri 13 Jan, 2006 8:01 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Yes the finial is octagonal!
David Etienne

Reading list: 8 books

PostPosted: Mon 16 Jan, 2006 5:47 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Mikko Kuusirati wrote:
Charles Adams wrote:

Right, thought so. I'm a big fan of the texture in the Campaign Worn coloring... makes the whole sword look more lively.

And I can see Christian's point about the chape (sorry, bad pun) - a rounded chape would look much more at home on the Steward. And while we're at it, am I just looking too hard or is that finial octagonal, too? If so, it's a really nice little finishing touch.

You're right. Christian Fletcher has definitively that particular artistic sense. That's why he is a great scabbard maker (and I'm not Wink )

By the way, I've just seen in another recent post that a pointed chape is indeed historically accurate for the 14th C. (see the sword of Cangrande della Scala, dated from 1325).

Cheers,

David
Steve Grisetti

Reading list: 28 books

PostPosted: Mon 16 Jan, 2006 3:30 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Charles - that is a lovely set. Congratulations. I look forward to seeing your Knight set, when you receive it.
"...dismount thy tuck, be yare in thy preparation, for thy assailant is quick, skilful, and deadly."
- Sir Toby Belch
Amy Christensen-Waddell
Industry Professional

PostPosted: Tue 17 Jan, 2006 7:13 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

That's a damn fine scabbard -- excellent work on Christian's part. Excellent.
Amy Waddell
President/CEO
Albion Swords Limited, LLC

I wrote to the FBI to see if they had a file on me. They wrote back, "we do now..."
Chad Arnow
myArmoury Team

myArmoury Team

PostPosted: Tue 17 Jan, 2006 3:54 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Joe Fults wrote:
I think its nice and I really like his work.

Did you buy your swords through him?

For a while at least, he was only doing scabbards for swords purchased through him.

Christian has recently updated his site. While he is taking swords not sold by him, his prices have gone up across the board: starting at $325 if you buy the sword through him, $375 if you already own it. All the extras seem to have risen in price, too.

Makes me wish I had confirmed an order before this price increase happened. Worried

Happy

ChadA

http://chadarnow.com/

Forum Index > Historical Arms Talk > Count Scabbard by Christian Fletcher
Page 1 of 1 Reply to topic